ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carver PT1250 & PM1200 fan filters  (Read 1911 times)

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
Carver PT1250 & PM1200 fan filters
« on: December 31, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »

Yes, I'm still using these dinosaurs however I'm in need of fan filters. Any information as to where I can obtain these filters would be appreciated.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Carver PT1250 & PM1200 fan filters
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »

Yes, I'm still using these dinosaurs however I'm in need of fan filters. Any information as to where I can obtain these filters would be appreciated.

You can get regular filter material at home depot or wherever. They are sold next to the air purifiers. You just cut it to size.

If you  would like more PT amps, send me a pm!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

TomBoisseau

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

I used to have a half a dozen of these units.  At the time I spoke to Carver and their recommendation regarding the air filters were to remove them and throw them away!  Instead, they said the thing to do was to open the cover every 6 months to a year and blow the dust out of the amp.  Apparently they had more failures due to clogged filters than it was worth.

Tom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

I used to have a half a dozen of these units.  At the time I spoke to Carver and their recommendation regarding the air filters were to remove them and throw them away!  Instead, they said the thing to do was to open the cover every 6 months to a year and blow the dust out of the amp.  Apparently they had more failures due to clogged filters than it was worth.

Tom

The failure was caused by the fan sucking the filter in and blocking fan rotation.  This caused a couple of components to burn up (resistors, IIRC) and the amp would shut down in protect mode.  The resistors had to be replaced and sometimes the fan as well.

Throw the filters away.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 23 queries.