ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T.V.I Audio  (Read 6131 times)

Bob Spittle

T.V.I Audio
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with this company? They are located in So. Carolina. I'm looking at the C210ii and wanting some input from someone that's used the product.
Thanks in advance,
Bob Spittle
Entertainment Technology
Ventura, Ca

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: T.V.I Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:58:24 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with this company? They are located in So. Carolina. I'm looking at the C210ii and wanting some input from someone that's used the product.
Thanks in advance,
Bob Spittle
Entertainment Technology
Ventura, Ca

They are "located" in China.  They have a few dealers around the States.  It "looks like" a "line array".  They will happily exchange their product for your money.

So far the manufacturer has not responded to requests for meaningful product information and the majority of discussions of the product have been either specious posts started by someone with vested interest in moving the product or penurious noobs wanting to look legit by bringing their "line array".  And a few folks with severe cases of buyers remorse looking to unload this stuff and cut their losses.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:26:18 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »

Local client can't wait to offload their TVI system for cheap.  Where are the reputable companies weak that TVI is stronger?
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »

Thanks in advance,
Bob Spittle
Entertainment Technology
Ventura, Ca

We had their 8" powered 'line array' come through the theatre (1215 seats, 800 on orchestra and 415 on balcony), I'm not educated on the topic enough to speculate on whether it is a real line array or not, so I'll leave that to those who are. That said, the boxes had a decent rigging system, filled the theatre nicely with an 8/box hang per side, and once processed sounded pretty good. Processing was Galileo, low end was some powered Meyers (700HP perhaps?).

I will say that the TVI rig properly processed sounded better than some 4886 hangs I've heard that weren't configured properly, a proper Vertec rig would have blown them away obviously.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.