ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Distro  (Read 15365 times)

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
Re: Power Distro
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:44 PM »

We've been using Indu Electric as of late. Customizable from top to bottom with just about any form factor you can imagine. Great pricing too. Talk to Martin.
+1 on Indu-Electric. Awesome very durable distros.

Brad Parsons

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »

Curious what anyone is using for power distro other than Motion Labs.  They've been the standard that I continue to see and use but I'm wondering what else folks are using.

Thanks,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

http://www.ampshop.com/

Ask for Jim. He knows everything about distros.

Be careful with Dimmerack, i've heard stories of the parts failing. While yes the price may be slightly cheaper, do you really want to risk your reputation on cheap parts made in some factory, by a guy named fing fang fooey. :P

Brian Larson

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »

http://www.ampshop.com/

Ask for Jim. He knows everything about distros.

Be careful with Dimmerack, i've heard stories of the parts failing. While yes the price may be slightly cheaper, do you really want to risk your reputation on cheap parts made in some factory, by a guy named fing fang fooey. :P

I'm about to order parts for a 200a distro from Dimmerrack. All of the connectors are Hubbell or Crouse-Hinds and I've heard their factory is in Detroit.

Although I'm assembling my distro myself, I wouldn't have a problem buying an assembled one from them. The questions I had were answered promptly and he even helped me design some custom panels.

I never got the guy's name, but if it was Fing Fang Fooey I wouldn't have a problem with it.

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »

Check out the Furman ACD100. I believe that for most applications this unit would serve you well.

Kevin Unger

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »

I'm about to order parts for a 200a distro from Dimmerrack. All of the connectors are Hubbell or Crouse-Hinds and I've heard their factory is in Detroit.

The contact number listed is a 734 number, which is downriver/SE MI.

Make sense.

Daniel Maki

• Living Jukebox DJ Service
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »

I've been on a quest to find/build a small distro.  I only need 3x20A or 4x15A edisons.
Most of my gigs do not have 220v available though.  The ones that do, I'm not sure what type of plug is needed.  That's been the part now that is tripping me up, trying to figure out what type of end I need.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »

I've been on a quest to find/build a small distro.  I only need 3x20A or 4x15A edisons.
Most of my gigs do not have 220v available though.  The ones that do, I'm not sure what type of plug is needed.  That's been the part now that is tripping me up, trying to figure out what type of end I need.
The type of plug you need is the one that mates to the socket at the venue... Ok, that might not be the most helpful but it is what you need. You need to find out what types of sockets are available at the places you play.
There are only a few likely ones and they will be either 30A or 50A.
You may find either 4 wire sockets (good) or 3 wire ones (bad).
Do a google search on "NEMA Chart" to get pictures of the connectors. Print it out and take it with you when you visit a venue. Match up the numbers and let us know what you find.
The common ones are Dryer and Range sockets. The ones you want (that is a legal and safe) are NEMA 14-30 and 14-50. The bad ones are the 3 wire NEMA 10-30 and 10-50 which were used before the newer safer standards were adopted. Don't plan on using these if you find them as there is no way to make them safe for use.
If you find some other connector, check back with us on it.

The guys that make small rack mount distros can make them for either 30A input or 50A input. You will need to make a cable (or ask them to supply one) that will go from a Locking end (distro end) to the wall end (NEMA 14-xx). The distro will have (or should) a L14-30P panel mounted or a CS connector (50A).

Does this help?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:48:34 PM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Daniel Maki

• Living Jukebox DJ Service
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »

Yup, helps.  Thank you

Joe Brugnoni

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.