ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Combined power/signal cable  (Read 8481 times)

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
Combined power/signal cable
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:22:09 AM »

Hi,
I'm interested in suggestions and feedback on some combined power and balanced pair signal cable.
I have been using tvl 0110 from Percon, but the failure rate has been unacceptable.
The only options I have found so far are Eurocable and Van Damme, are there any others that I am missing?
They will be used for running powered line array cabinets and would need a minimum of 1.5mm(#14 guage?) conductors.
Cheers,
Darren

Jordan Wolf

Re: Combined power/signal cable
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »

Hi,
I'm interested in suggestions and feedback on some combined power and balanced pair signal cable.
I have been using tvl 0110 from Percon, but the failure rate has been unacceptable.
The only options I have found so far are Eurocable and Van Damme, are there any others that I am missing?
They will be used for running powered line array cabinets and would need a minimum of 1.5mm(#14 guage?) conductors.
Cheers,
Darren
Darren,

I don't know what dealers in Australia carry, but ProCo Sound and Gepco Cable make them.  LinkUSA and CBI do, too…but, I don't know what availability is like near you.

Also, have you considered looking into Socapex breakouts (Powercon or Edison)?  That, combined with some cabinet jumpers, could work nicely, too.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:08:43 AM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »

We just took delivery of some power/XLR cables from Triclops. Very nice work. They were pre-fabbed with Powercons and XLRs.

Geri O

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

We just took delivery of some power/XLR cables from Triclops. Very nice work. They were pre-fabbed with Powercons and XLRs.

Geri O

What's the deal with triclops/six2? Same people just a name change? Again? Or what?
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »

What's the deal with triclops/six2? Same people just a name change? Again? Or what?
What indeed.

Geri,
I'm sure PSW would appreciate a Product Review if you get a chance…or maybe just a thread about it versus others you have tried in the past.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »

I'm using this: http://www.digiflexcables.com/pdf/DFX_Hyb_Sell_EN.pdf

Very happy with them!

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »

A few new names there for me to look into.

Gepco is available here, I got some pricing on it yesterday. So far they are all around the same price, $10 metre.

I'll do a bit more investigating and see if we have distributors for the other brands mentioned. Reliability is at the top of the list after my last experience with the Percon stuff.

Darren

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »

Summercable have a nice selection, don't know if their products are available in your market :)

Lately I've made my own using PVC tape and cables of my own choice. Cheaper and easier if you wish to add or remove a type of cable from your bundle.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »

Rapco/Horizon have one.  So does Whirlwind, though they don't seem to know it.  CBI has one.

Tomin Tollefsen

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:38:41 AM »

Syntax also has some alternatives. Italian quality :-)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:38:41 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.