ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XLR wall plate for gym  (Read 3276 times)

Joe Seliski

XLR wall plate for gym
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:39:28 PM »

Need to replace a few single XLR wall plates in a gym.  Are there any available that don't have the lock pin - as that is knocked off on all the current ones - and they would always get jammed.  I saw some - but they were plastic - will those hold up??   thanks

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Re: XLR wall plate for gym
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »

Need to replace a few single XLR wall plates in a gym.  Are there any available that don't have the lock pin - as that is knocked off on all the current ones - and they would always get jammed.  I saw some - but they were plastic - will those hold up??   thanks

www.acebackstage.com has some nice quality metal ones.  They even offer engraving so you can label them as necessary. 

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »

Not for sure, but check these:

http://www.switchcraft.com/productsummary.aspx?Parent=978

Product #  E3FD

Non-latching FXLR panel mount.  Looks to be (mostly) metal.  Replaceable inserts.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »

You can always use a standard locking connector-simply remove the push tab AND grind down the locking tab (that the push tab pushes on)
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

I believe Whirlwind also makes stuff like this: http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/panels-plates-and-boxes
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 05:48:54 AM »

Neutrik, Switchcraft and Whirlwind all offer metal shell 'latchless' female XLR connectors.  And a number of companies offer pre-made wall plates with those connectors mounted in them.

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »

I use ProCo part WP1042
http://www.procosound.com/plateworks/loaded-stainless-steel
This is a stainless steel plate with non-latching XLR. Very sturdy. They can also provide them pre-engraved "MIC 1" etc.
I always use non-latching in gyms; less damage when the cord gets yanked.
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.