ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Question  (Read 3507 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
X32 Question
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

Yes I know there is an extensive forum, I have read through 100 pages of it, and I really dont want to register for yet another forum, so figured I would ask here first.

Am I missing something or does the X32 not have the option to snap to the channel you are working on like the ls9 instead of always have to hit select?  I know its not a huge deal, but I much prefer the snap feature.  Im not sure what it is called and not seeing it in setup unless I am missing something.

Thanks!

Spenser Hamilton

Re: X32 Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

Yes I know there is an extensive forum, I have read through 100 pages of it, and I really dont want to register for yet another forum, so figured I would ask here first.

Am I missing something or does the X32 not have the option to snap to the channel you are working on like the ls9 instead of always have to hit select?  I know its not a huge deal, but I much prefer the snap feature.  Im not sure what it is called and not seeing it in setup unless I am missing something.

Thanks!

I haven't come across it either. If you would like I can quote you into that thread and update you if anyone from Behringer responds.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Jerome Casinger

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:46:36 AM »

I haven't come across it either. If you would like I can quote you into that thread and update you if anyone from Behringer responds.

That would be great.

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »

<snip>

If you are asking if it switches when you touch or move the fader, then no, there is no such option. Select can follow layers, but that's about it. You can set it to return to previous selected view when you toggle view buttons, but that doesn't apply to channel select buttons.

Jerome Casinger

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »

If you are asking if it switches when you touch or move the fader, then no, there is no such option. Select can follow layers, but that's about it. You can set it to return to previous selected view when you toggle view buttons, but that doesn't apply to channel select buttons.

Bummer.  Was hoping I just overlooked it.

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

If you are asking if it switches when you touch or move the fader, then no, there is no such option.

That is the first thing I turn off on yamaha consoles. Of course I could see that becoming an option in a firmware update.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:39 PM »

That is the first thing I turn off on yamaha consoles. Of course I could see that becoming an option in a firmware update.

Me too.  I understand why some folks want it, but for my workflow I want to be able to change fader position on one channel while manipulating another, selected channel parameter.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 11:52:46 PM »

I don't use that feature, and have yet to come up with a reason for doing so.  More nuisance than anything. 

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »

Am I missing something or does the X32 not have the option to snap to the channel you are working on like the ls9 instead of always have to hit select?

Thanks!

There is no snap feature but you can set the select to follow the solo.  I have had the X32 for about a month now and I don't think I would like the select to snap to the channel I moved a fader on.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.