ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TDM 24CX4 repair  (Read 1342 times)

John Lackner

TDM 24CX4 repair
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:25:25 pm »

I have a TDM 24CX-4 crossover with a broke down power supply. It appears this company is out of business. Is there a place that repairs these?
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: TDM 24CX4 repair
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:07 am »

I have a TDM 24CX-4 crossover with a broke down power supply. It appears this company is out of business. Is there a place that repairs these?
With all the "new shiny" DSP's out there, there must be a ton of TDM in the used market, going on the cheap. Just pick up a "new" one, and keeb the busted one for parts.
Probably cheaper than fixing yours.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 09:21:04 am »

A beauty of the TDM products was the use of generic parts. Any interested music repair shop should be able to get you up & running.

John Halliburton

• White pointy beard, knows zip...about chicken.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32:55 am »

A beauty of the TDM products was the use of generic parts. Any interested music repair shop should be able to get you up & running.

I called the number on their old website, and it went to LA Audio.  I assume they aquired the assets of TDM.

I had called because I picked up a pair of the TDM 30GE-1 equalizers, and one had a couple of broken fader stems.  The voice on the LA Audio end says she has some replacement faders still, just needed to confirm similarity, which I haven't done yet.

If anyone knows if they're a stock fader made by Alps or someone else, I'd be grateful for info.

It is certainly a well built piece.  For the OP with power supply issues, I'd think any good repair center for pro audio gear could fix it.

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32:55 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.