ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just made my Sub work! maybe?  (Read 3340 times)

Asaph Ace

I just made my Sub work! maybe?
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »

Here was my current problem all about and i solved it. maybe?
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,140837.0.html

so i decided to rewire our passive monitor stuff to all active with some cheapo behringer active loudspeakers http://www.behringer.com/assets/B215D_P0A2F_Front_XL.jpg

i dont know if this is right but this is how i did it to make the sub work...
Mixer's AUX SEND OUT> ACTIVE MONITOR SPEAKER's out> SUB's input A & B from left and right active monitor speaker's out.

need some insights, corrections, or suggestions... THANKS! :)

Pete Bansen

Re: I just made my Sub work! maybe?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59:58 PM »

Asaph -

Mixer main out to sub input (A or B).
Sub output to line level input on your powered speakers.  If you're using the A input, use the A output.  If the B input, use the B output.
Set the HPF/Thru switch on your sub to HPF (for "high pass filter").
If you are going to be mono, connect the output of the powered speaker getting signal from the sub to the line level input of the other powered speaker.
Make sure that your mixer channels are panned to the output that you are using - if you are using the left main out, pan the channels left.

The signal from the mixer goes to the subwoofer first, because the subwoofer can then handle the low frequencies and pass only the mid and high frequencies to the main speakers - that is what the HPF (high pass filter) does when engaged.

So, Mixer to Sub to Mains.  Got it?

As Mac requested yesterday, unless "Asaph Ace" is your real first and last name, go into your profile and use your real first and last name as your posting name, as required by the forum rules.

Oh, and buy some more XLR cables (or, better yet, learn to make your own)!

Good luck,
Pete
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:04:15 AM by Pete Bansen »

Asaph Ace

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »

Asaph -

Mixer main out to sub input (A or B).
Sub output to line level input on your powered speakers.  If you're using the A input, use the A output.  If the B input, use the B output.
Set the HPF/Thru switch on your sub to HPF (for "high pass filter").

So, Mixer to Sub to Mains.  Got it?

FINALLY a decent reply! yeah bro i was about to do that setup but it requires me more rewiring... our church did not do it right since they have no idea how sound stuffs works. so thats why i decided to rewire the monitors instead since its more accessible than the main wires. I still hear the lows with the sub tho at "THRU" mode. oh well this setup is temporary for now anyway. :) but yeah thanks for the quick info! imma do that soon

and YES, that is my real name now!

Oh, and buy some more XLR cables (or, better yet, learn to make your own)!

yeah, my dad use to make one for me before tho... imma look for some diagram for that so i could make one

Pete Bansen

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »

FINALLY a decent reply! yeah bro i was about to do that setup but it requires me more rewiring... our church did not do it right since they have no idea how sound stuffs works. so thats why i decided to rewire the monitors instead since its more accessible than the main wires. I still hear the lows with the sub tho at "THRU" mode. oh well this setup is temporary for now anyway. :) but yeah thanks for the quick info! imma do that soon

If you are running from the mixer to the powered speakers (tops) then daisychaining from the output on the powered speakers to the subs, you'll hear lows on the subs.  The HPF/THRU switch on the sub controls how the circuitry in the sub treats the signal going to the output jack on the sub (and then to the tops or main speakers connected to that jack) - it doesn't do anything to the signal going to the sub.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.