ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best iPhone RTA app for quick use ?  (Read 32710 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Best iPhone RTA app for quick use ?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »

How accurate is an IOS devices internal mic?

What external mic arrangements do you guys recommend?
I have the studio six mic.  I have not played around it a lot as far as measuring accuracy-but it comes from a company that has a history of good products, so I would expect it to be pretty good.  I have the velcro hooks on it and velcro loops on the back of the Iphone-so it stays in place pretty well.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Best iPhone RTA app for quick use ?
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »

I am one of those good reviews of Octave as well. I use it sometimes for feedback frequency identification between the 1/3 oct bands. Works great, and the new features definitely come through periodically.

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »

I am one of those good reviews of Octave as well. I use it sometimes for feedback frequency identification between the 1/3 oct bands. Works great, and the new features definitely come through periodically.

I'm another +1 for Octave. I have it on my phone for simple frequency ID too, which is handy for a visual reference when working quickly with things like a Lectern mic etc. After I get the show rolling, I typically have it open on my iPad somewhere near the console, again for a quick visual reference.

The handy thing about Octave is that once you open it, if you tap the screen on the main display, it will bring up a bar across the top that gives you a numeric read out of the dominant frequency. I've tried almost all of the other reasonably priced apps for RTA uses, including another one that cost like $50 at the time... Octave is the only one that earned a permanent spot on my devices.

Steve

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »

From the site of one vendor of several audio apps.  For quick and dirty feedback finding its not terribly significant how flat the mic is.  What is of import of course is the fast roll off at 200 hz.  It is a phone after all and the voice band is all that is of interest.

http://blog.faberacoustical.com/2010/ios/iphone/iphone-4-audio-and-frequency-response-limitations/

How accurate is an IOS devices internal mic?

What external mic arrangements do you guys recommend?

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »

Just wondering what everybody uses for a quick RTA on the iPhone. Id be willing to pay up to $5 just for a quick easy RTA. I am using ianalyzerlite right now but cant use it sideways so its really hard to see.

Audio Kit is quite good. I think it's typically $7, but it goes on sale sometimes.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.