ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small PA setup - one simple question - plz help!  (Read 11849 times)

nolangray

Re: Small PA setup - one simple question - plz help!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »

Thank you everyone for the help. I understand the importance of music reg and dealing with ascap. I have been fined before for playing cover music acoustic in bars, so trust me, I know what I have to do. Thanks for the reminder, though.

What's so bad about the Sonic exciter??? I kow its not a super-great piece of equipment but I used it for a small band and acoustic PA setups and it always worked nicely.

Would most of you suggest getting a powered sub with crossover or going with the Kustom and adding a seperate crossover? I've just honestly never run one before so i'm not very familiar with the 'Input A/Input B - Thru A/Thru B - Output etc..'
Let's say i went with this behringer thats controllable....
So i'd use the output sockets to reach the mains b/c they're controllable,.. but this doesnt really seem to have anything to cut the lows - it just has a high cut??? 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:55:57 PM by nolangray »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »

What's so bad about the Sonic exciter???

1. You're paying $$ for a piece of gear that basically puts a "smile curve" into your system.

2.  It screws up live sound mix EQ adjustments.  For DJ'ing it may have some use, but as in #1, you can pretty much get the same result by boosting the bass and the treble.  On old stereo receiver/amps it was the button labeled "loudness".
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

nolangray

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

got it.

Ok so I've been looking around more. I think I've got if figured out without using the sonic maximizer.

The behringer mains have a link thru output that does not apply any processing to the signal. So I could send it from that to the powered sub - which by the way that Kustom PA112s powered sub does say it has a built in crossover - just no outs besides the standard (1) 1-1/4 trs.   Will running it using the sound coming out of the right only make a huge difference. I mean I'll be missing everything programmed in stereo, right?

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »

Thank you everyone for the help. I understand the importance of music reg and dealing with So i'd use the output sockets to reach the mains b/c they're controllable,.. but this doesnt really seem to have anything to cut the lows - it just has a high cut??? 

The "Output" jacks seem to have a fixed 100Hz high pass (or low cut) filter so you'd want to use those to outputs to go to your mains.  Then using an analyzer, RTA or just your ears, adjust the "High Cut" frequency, improperly named "Phase" (it's polarity) and "Level" to best match with your B210Ds.  And keep in mind that different venues, different physical setups, different uses and so on may require different settings to work best with the B210D mains.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.