ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SM80- first impressions  (Read 38550 times)

Chip Dryden

Re: Danley SM80- first impressions
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 06:07:40 AM »

I am surprised very few have commented on these. An alternative to the SRX, QRX212, d&b Q7,  in a lighter scaleable format with better SQ and can be run passive would create quite a stir?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Danley SM80- first impressions
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »

It's mostly because you can almost buy 2 srx cabinets for every 1 SM80. It is widely known that the srx is the most widely accepted BFH that can be sold to artists an promoters alike.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if the product is better. If it costs more, but is harder for me to sell, it doesn't do me much good. Which sucks, because I really liked the box.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Randy Freemire

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »

So how much does the SM80 go for?  A five minute web search yielded no results.  This shouldn't be a sensitive subject, I understand Danley insists its dealers charge a standardized price.

Thanks

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10:04 PM »

MSRP is $2999 - I'm pretty sure Mike has also mentioned this on here when it was released?
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »

I understand Danley insists its dealers charge a standardized price.

That used to be the case-but that was done away with awhile back.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Wayne Phillips

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »

Here is a link to a video of part of the Atlanta WFX I shot with a stereo mic. I have a few more Danley products on other vids on my YouTube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkgLcDaml2s

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 08:24:09 PM »

Here is a link to a video of part of the Atlanta WFX I shot with a stereo mic. I have a few more Danley products on other vids on my YouTube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkgLcDaml2s

Thanks Wayne, These Dnley Products certainly have a "dynamic" about them. They sound so open and detailed even thru my Bose laptop speakers.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »

Thanks Wayne, These Dnley Products certainly have a "dynamic" about them. They sound so open and detailed even thru my Bose laptop speakers.
Try using headphones-it makes a big difference.

The whole idea is a SINGLE source of sound.  Whenever you have multiple arrivals-you get a "smearing" effect.

This is most noticeable in speech and percussive sounds or instruments with lots of harmonics.

The attack of drums-the overtones of trumpets-the "click" of the piano keys and so forth are things to listen for.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Randall Hyde

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 12:26:40 PM »

So how much does the SM80 go for?  A five minute web search yielded no results.  This shouldn't be a sensitive subject, I understand Danley insists its dealers charge a standardized price.

Thanks

Which would be illegal. You can insist on a minimum *advertised* price (MAP), but you can't insist on an absolute minimum price.

OTOH, if you're selling a boutique brand like Danley (i.e., you're not pushing a ton of boxes out the door every month), there generally is no financial incentive to steeply discount the units.

Cheers,
Randy Hyde

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »

Which would be illegal. You can insist on a minimum *advertised* price (MAP), but you can't insist on an absolute minimum price.

OTOH, if you're selling a boutique brand like Danley (i.e., you're not pushing a ton of boxes out the door every month), there generally is no financial incentive to steeply discount the units.

Cheers,
Randy Hyde
While I'm not a lawyer, I have observed that it apparently is possible to insist on a final sales price.  My beloved Festool power tools are this way, my Canon cameras and lenses are this way, and I suspect other things.  I've heard from dealers of these brands that if they sell for less than the designated price, they will almost certainly lose their dealership agreement.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.