ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC PLX3602 driving subs.....not working well!!  (Read 15299 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: QSC PLX3602 driving subs.....not working well!!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »

To be more specific with how I "think" I have the rack wired....

I have +1 and +2 twisted together and on the Positive binding post, and -1 and -2 twisted together and on the negative binding post. This then feeds a 4 conductor speakon connector in the patch panel. There are a total of 4 speakon connectors like this in the patch panel for the subs....one wired to each amp.

When you say "Positive binding post" and "Negative binding post", what do you mean? If you mean the posts from ch 1, that is wrong. The 1+ and 2+ should be on the red binding post of ch1, the 1- and 2- should be on the red binding post of ch2. putting banana plugs on the wires will make it easier to deal with issues.

I would double check the wiring, because your symptoms could be the result of miss wiring here.

Mac

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »

When you say "Positive binding post" and "Negative binding post", what do you mean? If you mean the posts from ch 1, that is wrong. The 1+ and 2+ should be on the red binding post of ch1, the 1- and 2- should be on the red binding post of ch2. putting banana plugs on the wires will make it easier to deal with issues.

I would double check the wiring, because your symptoms could be the result of miss wiring here.

Mac

This is a solution to the wiring, assuming the NEW boxes are wired as standard Peavey.  OP could also use an NL4 connector into the A Speakon output with the wires to the patch plate connected to the 1+ and 2+ posts (bridged).  I would check the wiring of the original boxes, it looks like someone may have paralleled the drivers in the  box.

-Tim T

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

We can put an end to the speculation easily.

OP, assuming that you are running this amplifier in bridged mode please perform the following tasks.

1. Purchase a banana jack.

**Prior to the next step remove the NL4 from one end of a speaker cable. This cable will run to the first sub closest to the amplifier.

2. Attach the banana jack to the end of the speaker speaker cable where the NL4 used to be. The jack will have a hump on one side, this is considered and marked as the negative side on most banana jacks.

**When performing the following step you will use a DVM or continuity tester to confirm that you are attaching the correct wire to the correct connection on the banana jack.

3. Attach the wire running to the NL4 -1 connection to the negative side of the banana jack.

4. Attach the wire running to the NL4 +1 connection to the positive side of the banana jack.

5. DO NOT attach any other wires leading to the NL4 to the banana jack. If additional wires exist fold them back and insulate them from the banana jack and from each other.

6. set the 3602 to bridged mode using the switch on the back. (refer to photo)

7. Turn the channel #2 sensetivity knob on the front of the amplifier to OFF. (full clockwise)

8. Plug the banana jack into the two (2) RED binding posts located on the back of the 3602. Note that the posts are clearly marked + and -. Be sure that the negative side of the banana jack is plugged into the post marked negative. (refer to photo)

9. Run a standard NL4 to NL4 speaker cable to the second speaker from the first speaker. A pair of 8 ohm speakers run in series will now have an impedence of 4 ohms.

10. Any combination of cabinets that lowers the impedence below 4 ohms must be run using a stereo configuration as the amplifier is not rated for 2 ohm operation in bridged mode. (refer to photo)

If all else fails RTFM or call QSC. Good luck, and I hope this helps.

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.