ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am in the age bracket below;

15 - 20 years old, and just learning how to shave.
- 4 (1.6%)
20 - 30 years old, and can do anything all day and all night long.
- 43 (17.2%)
30 - 45 years old, and finally found out I can't do everything by myself.
- 75 (30%)
45 - 60 years old, and found out that if I want it done right I should still do it myself.
- 102 (40.8%)
60 or older, and feel like I'm ready for a dirt nap after almost every gig.
- 26 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Voting closed: January 20, 2013, 01:52:10 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am .......  (Read 9734 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: I am .......
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 03:56:21 pm »

An excellent mental exercise, is to ask yourself what would you do if you knew you only had 1 day to live? Then what would you do if you only had one year, and finally another 100 years.

It's pretty safe that most of us have more than one day, and less than 100 more years, so get your bucket list in order and take care of unfinished business, but don't live like there is no tomorrow, because there most likely will be. 

JR
Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 03:57:22 pm »

I entertained at nursing homes with my accordion for many, many years until the day that one of the ladies met me at the front door and asked, "When did you move in?"
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 04:49:02 pm »

Many of us have had a reason to be thankful we're alive. It seems like there are many reasons I shouldn't be here, one being Vietnam. Then I look at my father who is living with us. He's 90 and survived D-Day, 5 battles and WWII. Ask him what was his worst D-DAY experience and he'll tell you that it was getting out of the landing craft, stepping into water over his head, and breaking the new pipe he paid .80 for in England.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Guy Luckert

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 05:15:23 pm »

Many of us have had a reason to be thankful we're alive. It seems like there are many reasons I shouldn't be here, one being Vietnam. Then I look at my father who is living with us. He's 90 and survived D-Day, 5 battles and WWII. Ask him what was his worst D-DAY experience and he'll tell you that it was getting out of the landing craft, stepping into water over his head, and breaking the new pipe he paid .80 for in England.

I used to live next door to a WWII vet that lost his twin on Christmas Eve, 1944.
He is also still living with us as I see him about once a month at the grocery store.
Thanks to all who served !!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 05:15:23 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 27 queries.