ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley Jericho for large scale concert  (Read 29846 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Danley Jericho for large scale concert
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »

I've been wanting/suggesting that someone should do this since I first heard about the Jericho.

Labor savings, less truck needs, great sound...and articulation at distance, along with almost no degradation due to wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkrZplo9xgM&feature=youtu.be

Best regards,

John
Apparently there is an error on the comments-in the old system cabinet count.

Apparently last year they used a total of 60 cabinets (including subs) for the job.  This year just 2-total.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:49 AM »

I had the privledge of visiting the Danley shop for a demo last time I was in Atlanta.  The Jehrico series was VERY impressive.  They truely do sound like studio monitors.  The room we were in couldn't have been bigger than 20x40, and even a mere few feet from the cabinets all of the drivers blended together seamlessly. 

The TH812 was a beast, but the real beast was the semi-trailer/big MFin subwoofer out back.  Something like 40 12" drivers if I recall correctly...

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »

...The TH812 was a beast, but the real beast was the semi-trailer/big MFin subwoofer out back.  Something like 40 12" drivers if I recall correctly...
Lol, if you haven't already, check this out.  Yeah, it's a big one, for sure...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:02:07 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »

, but the real beast was the semi-trailer/big MFin subwoofer out back.  Something like 40 12" drivers if I recall correctly...
It has 40 15" drivers-each with its own 1000 watt amp that are housed 4 per chassis.  So 10 "amps" that are 4x1000 watt each.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »

It has 40 15" drivers-each with its own 1000 watt amp that are housed 4 per chassis.  So 10 "amps" that are 4x1000 watt each.

Come on Ivan, you are always preaching that its not watts, its all about sensitivity, at a specific frequency, for a period of time, depending on the material!  ;D

John Chiara

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »

So does Danley rent out a DJ system... Say, 2 J1's and a Matterhorn?
Should be great for outdoor raves and such.

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »

Come on Ivan, you are always preaching that its not watts, its all about sensitivity, at a specific frequency, for a period of time, depending on the material!  ;D

For what it's worth, when Mike demo'd it for me it was all ran off a single extension cord and a standard 20amp outlet, so they weren't getting anywhere close to 40kw

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »

Agreed.  And that particular product was designed to be run 24/7 with a warble tone between 15 and 20Hz.

So Tom designed it to have an impedance peak at 17Hz.  So the heating of the drivers would be less-and the excursion would be less-in the range of primary interest.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »

Agreed.  And that particular product was designed to be run 24/7 with a warble tone between 15 and 20Hz.

So Tom designed it to have an impedance peak at 17Hz.  So the heating of the drivers would be less-and the excursion would be less-in the range of primary interest.

psy-ops.
Mark McFarlane

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »

Hopefully Ivan or Tom will answer-I do know with six 18" drivers horn loaded as part of the whole cabinet design, they do very well on their own.  I suspect for rock concerts, extra subs would be desired. 

I'm a Danley dealer and I helped getting the boxes for this concert. I also functioned as system tech. and took the pictures and compiled the video.

FOH was about 70 meters out and in my opinion any regular pop/rock concert for ordinary folks could be handled with no problem without subs out to the distance. For "rock-rock" and metal, and of course electronic music subs would probably be a good idea.

On this particular gig we were powering with LAB fp4000 amps so the woofers were getting up to 2300 (IIRC) watts each - about 1000W less than they can take. At the very loudest parts of this concert, we just saw the -5dB leds on the sub channels light up on peaks, but normally it was only tickling the -10dB ones on bass drum hits.

Rolling a pair of those off a truck compared to a couple of dozen line array cabinets(and the time to link those all up at the correct settings from the prediction software for the venue) just makes a ton more sense/cents to me.

It took me about 1.5 - 2 hours to get the entire system up, using two stage hands for about 15 minutes. Last year they had one guy and two stage hands working on it for an entire day.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.