ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Service Contract for pre-existing system  (Read 1648 times)

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
Service Contract for pre-existing system
« on: October 23, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »

I got a call today from one of the biggest nightclubs in town to do some repairs.  They had an amp fail last week, now this week a DSP on a different system failed.  In the past they have bounced between myself and another sound company for repairs and service, but they just cleaned house on the management staff and the new GM doesn't like the other company.  He asked me about a service contract, basically he wants to pay a flat rate for labor every month.  I'm thinking it might make more sense to up the rate and also cover the existing equipment.  The club is going on 4 years, so I realize things are nearing the end of their lifespan.  Is it worth it to try to 'warranty' the old equipment, or just agree to a flat rate for labor every month, no matter how much or little needs fixing, and they pay the cost of equipment?  How would you handle it?  How would you calculate the rate?

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
Re: Service Contract for pre-existing system
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

As long as they are paying for any equipment it should be pretty straightforward. You should have a feel for what they need based on your previous experience with them. I would factor in emergency calls and other "premium time" like nights and holidays along with regular business hours. I would probably discount my hourly rate by a few dollars, multiply it by the number of expected hours and give it to them. I would not mention the hours I was figuring nor the rate. Just give them a dollar amount per month.

-Hal

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Service Contract for pre-existing system
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.