ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbo Sound Milan????  (Read 3299 times)

Chad Honigwachs

• The proof of the pudding is in the hearing
Turbo Sound Milan????
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:41:47 AM »

Hey Guys

Anyone using the Turbo Sound Milan Series?

I have been researching them and ive seen some pretty good reviews, was wondering what experience people using them have.

Im looking to upgrade into a rig that can do bands in a small to medium size venue, corporate gigs, djs and possibly a small outdoor venue if the gear allows.

Im looking at 4 x M15s and 4 x M18s for FOH with DBX Drive Rack PA.

Any advice? pros and cons?

This is gonna be my first big buy in terms of a starting PA and Id like to buy wisely.

I like the 15s as they can be doubled as monitors at a later stage.

Cheers
Chad
Chad Honigwachs
CH Audio

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: Turbo Sound Milan????
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »

As they're 90degree wide coverage per box, using 4 tops for front of house could cause you problems with comb filtering (ie interference between adjacent boxes), unless you plan on running dual PA or need really wide coverage.
Also, unless you need it for something like zone control, you probably won't need DSP as it's already in the boxes I think.
HTH
David.

Evan Hunter

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »

Hey Guys

Anyone using the Turbo Sound Milan Series?

I have been researching them and ive seen some pretty good reviews, was wondering what experience people using them have.

Im looking to upgrade into a rig that can do bands in a small to medium size venue, corporate gigs, djs and possibly a small outdoor venue if the gear allows.

Any advice? pros and cons?

This is gonna be my first big buy in terms of a starting PA and Id like to buy wisely.

I like the 15s as they can be doubled as monitors at a later stage.

Cheers
Chad

Ive been running a pair of Turbosound Milan M15 all summer with NO complaints at all. As David said they are 90 degree boxes, so 2 a side wouldnt be the best idea unless you ran a Dual PA, which Ive thought about many times. The M15s sound great right out of the box. I had a very loud show with these as front fills and their engineer really worked them into the red all night, so Turbosound has the Limiting and protection built in very well. So between them already sounding good and built in protection I would not bother with a DSP. The amps do get hot to touch, but never had one go into thermal. I also enjoy the monitor angle on both sides for monitor pairs. Light, Sound good and dependable. Get the carry bags if you go with them. My next purchase is 4 Mi0 10 inch version and 4 of the M18. If you have more specific questions let me know.
Evan F. Hunter
Cleveland Ohio, Houston Texas
EFHunter4419 (at) G Mail. Com
https://www.facebook.com/FosterSound
EV QRX, JBL SRX, Turbosound Milan, Soundcraft Expression, Soundcraft Vi1

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.