ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW NTL720 VS. KF720?? Are they the same box minus Poweramp?  (Read 9739 times)

Oakie Pitakskul

EAW NTL720 VS. KF720?? Are they the same box minus Poweramp?
« on: October 11, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »

I was offered a KF720 System from my local dealer to use for small meetings and events. Has anyone used them yet?  I'm not sure if they are mass production made yet as i do not see them on the website. I was interested in 16 boxes and 4 SB1002 (the flying sub version) and some lab amps, I think 2 x FP14000 for subs and 2 x 10000Q for the tops and UMX 8800

for first look they look similar, but are they the same boxes?

any help would be great before i slam 60k on this system....

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: EAW NTL720 VS. KF720?? Are they the same box minus Poweramp?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:11 PM »

I was offered a KF720 System from my local dealer to use for small meetings and events. Has anyone used them yet?  I'm not sure if they are mass production made yet as i do not see them on the website. I was interested in 16 boxes and 4 SB1002 (the flying sub version) and some lab amps, I think 2 x FP14000 for subs and 2 x 10000Q for the tops and UMX 8800

for first look they look similar, but are they the same boxes?

any help would be great before i slam 60k on this system....

Since they are not on EAW's website, and you are not in eastern Massachusetts where EAW testing usually takes place, I would assume they are not EAW speakers.

Mac

Oakie Pitakskul

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »

They are EAW Speakers.. They have been on display at a few trade shows already. The EAW guys were there but they were to busy talking to the big guys while i'm just a small company. The Product is current Lineup for EAW but it makes me wonder why the USA market has yet to see it. South America and Asia has already seen it...

specs from eaw.
http://eaw.com/docs/1_Current_Products/KF/Spec%20Sheets/KF720_SPECS_revA.pdf

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »

To answer the initial question and after actually looking at both speaker pages on EAW's website, they appear to available as powered and un-powered versions of the same speaker. Well, available somewhere.

To properly answer your concerns about availability on the speakers, or anything else, a call to EAW's ASG department is in order. Don't rely on just dealers (sorry, guys. Hey, we're dealers, too) or a web forum to get answers on questions involving an investment that large.

Geri O

Oakie Pitakskul

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 04:50:06 PM »

thanks Geri,

I will try to call ASG @ EAW but since I am in Bangkok, where its about 12hr ahead, its kinda difficult to make the call. But before I spend 60K USD. I will for sure ask some more questions.

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 04:57:49 PM »

thanks Geri,

I will try to call ASG @ EAW but since I am in Bangkok, where its about 12hr ahead, its kinda difficult to make the call. But before I spend 60K USD. I will for sure ask some more questions.

You can email EAW's ASG anytime day or night. Contact Joe Fustolo is the ASG manager as well as a member here. You can contact him through the email listed in his PSW profile.

The KF720 is the same as the NTL720, but without the amps and processing. Whether it is really available now is a question Joe can answer.

Mac

Joe Fustolo

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »

Hello Oakie,

Mac is correct..
the new KF720 is exactly the same as the NTL720 just minus the amplifier/DSP module...
They are readily available and greyboxes are also newly released for the UX8800.

Currently they are not on the primary EAW Website but all info for those loudspeakers can be found here:
http://eaw.com/docs/1_Current_Products/KF/Spec%20Sheets/
Joe Fustolo
Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Renkus Heinz

Mac Kerr

• Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »

Hello Oakie,

Mac is correct..
the new KF720 is exactly the same as the NTL720 just minus the amplifier/DSP module...
They are readily available and greyboxes are also newly released for the UX8800.

Currently they are not on the primary EAW Website but all info for those loudspeakers can be found here:
http://eaw.com/docs/1_Current_Products/KF/Spec%20Sheets/

Did these get cut from the lineup? Neither Oakie's original link nor Joe's link work anymore, and there is still no word on the EAW Product page.

Mac

Joe Fustolo

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »

Did these get cut from the lineup? Neither Oakie's original link nor Joe's link work anymore, and there is still no word on the EAW Product page.

Mac

Hey Mac and all...
we have been working and changing our website and docs site and yes that link was broken due to a text type issue...
This link should work better
http://eaw.com/docs/1_Current_Products/KF/Spec_Sheets/KF720_SPECS_revA.pdf

There should also be a new website very soon but for any questions about current products and any information about those products you can simply go here http://eaw.com/docs for now until the new website is launched.
Joe Fustolo
Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Renkus Heinz

Oakie Pitakskul

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »

So Lets get some opinions out, my shows are small scale mostly in hotel ball rooms that measure 30m x 50m  (100ft x 150ft). Most of the time I fly JFL210 4 per side and hang 6 JFL 118 Subs. All is powered passive with Crown XTI 4000 in bridge Mono mode. Subs are powered by Crown XTI 6000 in dual channel mode. I usually have some delays flown towards the rear of the room usually 4 to 6 boxes spaced apart using LA215 in Bi-amped powered by Crown XTI 4000's.. So do you think i can get away with the delay hangs as its a pain in the ass to fly so many different hang points. Can I get away with just the NTL720 or KF720's lets say 6 or 8 per side.   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.