ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marty McCann  (Read 3806 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Marty McCann
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »

Heard a rumor Marty McCann over at Peavey is going to retire today. Best of luck and enjoy!

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:19:26 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Marty McCann
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »

I think I felt a twinge in the force.... :-)

He was an institution there.

Be well old friend.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Eric Reese

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »

I learned a lot from Marty and his tech notes when I did my time in Meridian.  Best of luck to you in your retirement, and thanks for your large contribution to our industry!

Be well, my friend!

Thanks,
Eric
Eric Reese
National Technical Services and Market Development
Sennheiser Electronic Corporation

Owner/"Weekend Warrior"
Loud and Clear Productions, LLC

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

Hey Marty

Congratulations on your retirement.  The place will never be the same without you there  ;)

Thanks for all you taught me over the years and for all the great times we had hanging together.  You are truly one-of-a-kind.
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

Rick Powell

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 02:15:02 AM »

Heard a rumor Marty McCann over at Peavey is going to retire today. Best of luck and enjoy!

Douglas R. Allen

I remember the first time I met Marty...I was living in Meridian and had a band with a few barely 20-somethings, and we were playing at a place called the Enterprise. We had this makeshift PA that was basically built out of parts that had been hijacked from the Peavey factory by well-mening friends. We were having some problems with the sound and a gentleman introduced himself to me and asked if he could help. I said something like, "its probably just this pile of Peavey shit". He didn't flinch and managed to get everything sounding halfway decent. Later on, one of the band guys told me "I can't believe you said that...do you know who that was?" Of course, it was Marty. He came out a few more times when I was still in Meridian, one time bringing a White RTA and 31 band EQ to ring out our monitors (this was in the mid 70's when those type of things barely existed). Then, Marty gave me the prototypes of the first bass and guitar from their new musical instrument venture to check out for a few weeks (he trusted me to take care of them even though I was a broke musician with no permanent address).

Marty has obviously enjoyed a career he loved and deserves the accolades he received here and elsewhere; hope he enjoys his retirement. BTW, the drummer of our group, Dudley Tardo, later became the famed drummer of the HouseRockers, featured in the documentary "Last of the Mississippi Juke Joints".

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 02:15:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.