ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a chime module solution  (Read 3902 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Looking for a chime module solution
« on: September 27, 2012, 12:58:16 pm »

I have a 70 volt power amplifier (actually six of them) that run the program audio for our back stage and lobby areas. A couple of these (for our lobbies) have a slot for a chime module so we can push a contact switch and get a chime sound for [House Open], [5 minutes], [3 minutes], and [1 minute] until the start of the show. Unfortunately, this particular 70 volt amplifier will ONLY accept EITHER the input from the contact switch activated chime module OR the direct unbalanced audio input needed for normal program audio.

I'm looking for a chime module that I can insert INLINE with the program audio feed, that can be activated by the contact switch, but will output line level audio, along with the chime when activated. So, I need it to have an: audio LINE IN, audio LINE OUT, and an input for a contact closure switch that activates an internal chime sound.

Any ideas?
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Chuck Fudge

Re: Looking for a chime module solution
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 01:38:39 pm »

I have a 70 volt power amplifier (actually six of them) that run the program audio for our back stage and lobby areas. A couple of these (for our lobbies) have a slot for a chime module so we can push a contact switch and get a chime sound for [House Open], [5 minutes], [3 minutes], and [1 minute] until the start of the show. Unfortunately, this particular 70 volt amplifier will ONLY accept EITHER the input from the contact switch activated chime module OR the direct unbalanced audio input needed for normal program audio.

I'm looking for a chime module that I can insert INLINE with the program audio feed, that can be activated by the contact switch, but will output line level audio, along with the chime when activated. So, I need it to have an: audio LINE IN, audio LINE OUT, and an input for a contact closure switch that activates an internal chime sound.

I used this...

http://www.rdlnet.com/product.php?page=19

Any ideas?

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:11:47 pm »

Any ideas?
I use a Valcom Multi messenger USB model V-9989.

Ed Walters

• Holland, MI, USA
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

I have a 70 volt amplifier.......
Any ideas?

Obvious question... What amplifier make/model?
The Solution LLC: certified: AMX, Audio Architect, Composer, ControlSpace, CTS, DanteL3/DDM, Tesira, and more.

Brent_Handy

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 03:22:32 pm »

The RDL works well.  I just installed one.  It is a dry contact type.  It has audio in and out, ducker, choice of chimes.  It is good.  Dukane also makes one.  That is what I replaced with the RDL.

Mikey Brown

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »

Any ideas?
I was using Roland AR series. AR-100/200 they now make a 3000.

Rick Earl

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:23:55 pm »

I use these:
http://www.cfsound.com/index_CFSound.asp
They pass audio, many switch options and since you can use any sound, it gives you some options.  We use chimes on a day to day basis but have recorded "theme tones" to use for some shows.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

Obvious question... What amplifier make/model?

The TOA 906MK2 and 912MK2. Which oddly enough have a slot for a chime module, but use of the module defeats the audio input. So you can run program audio, or chimes, but not both at the same time. Yeah it sucks.

I ordered the RDL chime module. Should have it by Tuesday.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »

The TOA 906MK2 and 912MK2. Which oddly enough have a slot for a chime module, but use of the module defeats the audio input. So you can run program audio, or chimes, but not both at the same time. Yeah it sucks.

I ordered the RDL chime module. Should have it by Tuesday.

Not to doubt you, but just in case you didn't look too closely (or not at all if you're going off a parts list), do you have the A 912 or the P 912?
the A version has more module slots and more knobs, but it's easy to get the two mixed up if you're just looking at model numbers

Jason

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 24 queries.