ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound system recommendations  (Read 3684 times)

George Doumani

sound system recommendations
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:09:26 PM »

Hi,

sorry for another "what should I buy" post BUT I am looking to invest in a system that can be used for both small to larger events. I mean an integrated system that one can stack more subs under and have substantial more db or simply pole mount a stereo pair of tops with a single sub for smaller events.

Portability is an issue so no single cabs should weigh more 60+kg's.

Music being put through is primarily bass heavy electronic / techno.

I currently run 2 systems. 2 x RCF Art710A's (one of the stereo pair has failed now no less than 5 times) and RCF here in Denmark (SC Sound) will not honour their agreement to repair it. Stay away from RCF in Denmark. Tip!

I also have a lovely pair of KV2 EX12's but am reluctant to invest in that series further because the subs are heavy and expensive.

Recommendations?

I am keen on KV2's ES series but have heard the subs are not quite up to serious bass?

any advice would be much appreciated

George

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: sound system recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »

Music being put through is primarily bass heavy electronic / techno.

I currently run 2 systems. 2 x RCF Art710A's (one of the stereo pair has failed now no less than 5 times)

Translation:

I've pushed the RCF's beyond their design limits 5 times.........
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jerry Laskin

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:39:35 AM »

Turbosound NUQ15DP, lightest birch cabinet based 15" 2 way out there and simply the best and most powerful fidelity in its class, 0 distortion, 0 equine needed, clean gorgeous sound at all levels with a very impressive 1500W never distorting 136 db SPL.  RCF 4Pro80003AS best sounding clean distortion free low frequency punch and equally compact and lightweight as subs go.  An amazing combination, I have yet to hear better budget permitting of course :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:39:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.