Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Cadac/Studiomaster

<< < (2/3) > >>

Justice C. Bigler:
And still the question remains, why is Cadac introducing (what appears to be) the exact same console as another company owned by the same parent company which has the same design, features and specs. And which one will be less expensive? (And for what reasons?)

Ivan Beaver:
Reminds me of the old Behringer/Mackie mixers that looked exaclty alike.

Mackie would put it out and then there would be Behringer that looked exactly like it right behind.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Justice C. Bigler on March 20, 2011, 12:48:02 AM ---And still the question remains, why is Cadac introducing (what appears to be) the exact same console as another company owned by the same parent company which has the same design, features and specs. And which one will be less expensive? (And for what reasons?)

--- End quote ---

I think the real question is not which one will be less expensive, that seems self evident, but more importantly, who designed the console?

Cadac is never going to be a low priced console, but is this 16 fader digital console a Cadac level design, or a Studiomaster level design?

Mac

jabney (john abney):

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on March 20, 2011, 10:14:52 AM ---...who designed the console?

Cadac is never going to be a low priced console, but is this 16 fader digital console a Cadac level design, or a Studiomaster level design?

Mac

--- End quote ---

It seems to be a SHARC level design. Analog Devices DSP seems to turn up in some pretty cool products (SunRize Studio 16, CreamWare Scope/Pulsar, Fairlight, etc.)

I think the new Cadac has a better color scheme than does its StudioMaster lookalike. Sort of reminds me of the APB look.

best,

john

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: jabney (john abney) on March 20, 2011, 12:24:39 PM ---I think the new Cadac has a better color scheme than does its StudioMaster lookalike. Sort of reminds me of the APB look.

best,

john

--- End quote ---
Yeah-that is the new way to choose a console-by color!

Of course studies show that women choose a car more on color than any other reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version