Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Cadac/Studiomaster

(1/3) > >>

Steve Bunting:
So browsing a trade mag yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the remarkable visual similarity between the upcoming Cadac DM1600 and the also upcoming Studiomaster Digilive 16. It'll be interesting to see how different they are operationally.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Steve Bunting on March 17, 2011, 11:26:51 AM ---So browsing a trade mag yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the remarkable visual similarity between the upcoming Cadac DM1600 and the also upcoming Studiomaster Digilive 16. It'll be interesting to see how different they are operationally.

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  I'd thought the Studiomaster name had been buried and left to deserved obscurity.

I guess Clive and the boys couldn't be picky about who their White Knight was.

Justice C. Bigler:
Not only do they look exactly alike, but the product descriptions are exactly the same as well:
Studiomaster DigiLive 16

--- Quote ---Studiomaster is to release its first digital live sound mixer, the DigiLive 16, at the forthcoming Pro Light & Sound show in Frankfurt.

Developed using a new proprietary DSP mix platform, the DigiLive 16 incorporates extensive production features and system expansion options – these include rackmount expander modules to expand the mixer up to 48 channels, and an optional Firewire interface provides the Studiomaster DigiLive 16 with extensive sound recording and production capabilities. Internally,  the signal uses 24-bit Delta-Sigma AD/DA converters, and twin fourth -generation 32/40-bit floating-point SHARC processors. The desk also features EQ and analogue sounding compressors, as well as low-noise mic preamps with high CMRR and signal-to-noise specifications.
--- End quote ---

Cadac DM1600

--- Quote ---Cadac has announced the launch of a new compact digital console at this year’s prolight+sound.

Specially developed ultra-low distortion EQ filters and analogue sounding compressors, 24-bit / 96kHz Delta-Sigma AD/DA converters, and four 4th generation 32/40-bit floating-point SHARC processors ensure that sound quality is of the highest order.

Advanced EQ algorithms, using proportional-Q techniques, produce smooth, musical adjustments that rival the best analogue designs. Wide dynamic range, low noise mic pre-amps feature premium input ICs with outstanding CMRR and capable of the theoretical maximum Equivalent Input Noise.
--- End quote ---

And both to debut at Pro Light & Sound in Frankfurt. Seems that Soundking is involved in both companies. I wonder which console will be cheaper.

Justice C. Bigler:
More on Soundking and Studiomaster

Iain.Macdonald:
Steve,

Also consider this announcement, made in the last few days, along with this other announcement. It looks like they are going for at least 3 market segments. Check the applications note. This could be a company to watch.

Iain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version