ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XTI4002 EQ's  (Read 2698 times)

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
XTI4002 EQ's
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:32:50 AM »

I am probably just missing something but is there any way to access the full control on the XTI4002 EQ's without creating a custom control panel in System Architect?

With a custom panel both input and output let you set parametric, LP/HP Shelf 6dB/Octave, LP/HP Butterworth 6dB/Octave, LP/HP Shelf EQ, and LP/HP Butterworth 12dB/Octave on all EQ channels.  I don't have a way to measure currently but at least from listening all filter types function.

It is a nice feature, I am a bit surprised that they don't mention it at all in their manuals/datasheets.

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
Re: XTI4002 EQ's
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »

To access the default controls for an amplifier, after you have that device showing in the Venue area, just double click it, then double click on what parameter you want to edit in the next window that comes up.

I'm not sure what else you're stuck on... You basically listed out the available EQ options already (and the crossover options) which are all available in the default control view... The Custom view would be for if you only wanted certain options to show up to the end user.
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »

To access the default controls for an amplifier, after you have that device showing in the Venue area, just double click it, then double click on what parameter you want to edit in the next window that comes up.

I'm not sure what else you're stuck on... You basically listed out the available EQ options already (and the crossover options) which are all available in the default control view... The Custom view would be for if you only wanted certain options to show up to the end user.

With the default control panel you are limited to a high shelf filter, low shelf filter and 6 parametric on input EQ and eight parametric EQ's on output.  If you create a custom panel I believe you have every EQ option that is available on the original I-Tech, just with 16 bands of EQ per channel instead of 24.

That gives you the option to stick a high/low shelf filter (or multiple if for some reason you need them) on the output EQ instead, for example.

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »

If you create a custom panel I believe you have every EQ option that is available on the original I-Tech, just with 16 bands of EQ per channel instead of 24.
Not according to what I just looked at in SA... 6 Paragraphic EQ sets for inputs, 8 for outputs in the System Explorer when trying to create a custom panel. Some of what you're trying to do is the crossover stuff from the sounds of it, with the High Pass/Low Pass/Bandpass... which is also available from the default controls.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but this is what I'm seeing right now in SA 3.0
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

Jared Bartimus

• Normal, IL
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:35:41 AM »

Not according to what I just looked at in SA... 6 Paragraphic EQ sets for inputs, 8 for outputs in the System Explorer when trying to create a custom panel. Some of what you're trying to do is the crossover stuff from the sounds of it, with the High Pass/Low Pass/Bandpass... which is also available from the default controls.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but this is what I'm seeing right now in SA 3.0

I am running SA 3.2, maybe it is something they just added?

http://imgur.com/a/n0E8e

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:35:41 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.