ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Bummed about new Behringer Digital Console :(  (Read 39290 times)

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
Re: Bummed about new PRESONUS Digital Console :(
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

Sounds like you got a bum console... found a fatal, show stopping flaw... decided for whatever reason not to return it to MF within your allotted timeframe... correct?

I wouldn't blame Presonus for your choice to not send it back to them soon enough, and I sure wouldn't write misleading post titles, suggesting that a console from a different manufacturer has let you down somehow.

If you had of ordered an X32 in the first place and got one that shipped with problems, ignored the problems and kept it beyond your return period, would you be here writing a post about how you're "bummed about the new Yamaha Digital Console"?

Your whole approach just doesn't make sense to me. You did get unlucky with the console you got, but you let yourself down by keeping it so long. Sorry for being so direct, I hope you get this sorted out somehow in the near future. In the mean time, DO NOT take the broken console on any more gigs!!!

Steve M.

+1,  Lesson Learned (Hopefully)

Regards,  John

Steve Milner

• DcSoundOp Audio Blog
Re: Bummed about new PRESONUS Digital Console :(
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

Dude.. You know nothing about my situation. I have been working with Presonus on this since the second week I got it and have trouble to then. I did NOT hold out till the last minute and have been patiently working with Presonus but I am growing tired of the days it sometimes takes to hear back from them. I was told on Monday of this week that someone was going to ask a supervisor if I could drive it over (i'm only 2 hours from their headquarters) and either get it repaired or replaced with a good condition B stock unit seeing as how I have been having problems since the beginning. It's Wed and I'm getting to replies to my emails and I made them quite aware that I have a show coming up and need something done. As for your worry about my deceptive post title do you really have that little to worry about in your life?

If YOUR original post and description of your situation mislead me in any way, I apologize. When I order a product and find it to be as good as D.O.A upon receipt, I return it. I don't take it on a gig, I don't call the manufacturer and I don't drive it to any headquarters, I exercise my option to return it.

I'm not worried at all about your deceptive post title, I do think it's in poor taste. I promise you, it won't effect the rest of my day.

I apologize for not commiserating and offering my sympathies... since there was no question in your OP, and you've taken such exception to my response, I can only assume that sympathy and commiseration is what you were looking for when you started this thread.

Good luck with your console, Dude.

John Sabine

Re: Bummed about new Behringer Digital Console :(
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 03:02:04 PM »

Even though I was told by Presonus that it was a known issue and they were working on a fix? I've been perfectly happy with Presonus product up till now and would still be happy if this weren't dragging out the way it is.

'nuff said.  That's when it should have gone back.  Hindsight can be a b****.
"I think it needs more barn"

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »

Even though I was told by Presonus that it was a known issue and they were working on a fix? I've been perfectly happy with Presonus product up till now and would still be happy if this weren't dragging out the way it is.

Yes, known issue or not....it was B.O.B.

I believe the best way to assist the manufacturer is to get product which is not fully functional back in their hands so they can evaluate it on the bench.  Saves time and grief for all concerned.  Otherwise, everyone has to wait while the ping-pong match of E-mails and phone calls goes on.

Like I said, hindsight is a b****.  But don't feel too bad.  It happens to us all......some of us more than once even though we should have learned our lesson (VOE).
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Sabine

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »

Oddly enough Presonus tech support called immediately after my previous post and we've been on the phone for 2 hours. Hopefully the problem has been handled or at least progress has been made.
 They suspect that the no audio on boot is caused by a glitch that occurs when you are using a plate reverb and a mono delay at the same time. I think it's ok to switch to that combo once you are powered up but before you power the console back down switch to any combination except the above and it should boot with no problems.
 As for the locking up problem it seems that universal control may have been to blame. When I got the console I used the disc that came with it to install universal control. The program then told me that there was a newer version available so I downloaded and installed it. Apparently the uninstaller for UC didn't remove all of the old files and this was creating conflicts. The tech did a manual uninstall of all UC components and the a reinstall and all seems to be ok. Gonna work the crap out of it between now and the weekend and see how it goes.
Yes, known issue or not....it was B.O.B.

I believe the best way to assist the manufacturer is to get product which is not fully functional back in their hands so they can evaluate it on the bench.  Saves time and grief for all concerned.  Otherwise, everyone has to wait while the ping-pong match of E-mails and phone calls goes on.

Like I said, hindsight is a b****.  But don't feel too bad.  It happens to us all......some of us more than once even though we should have learned our lesson (VOE).

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 05:34:21 PM »

They suspect that the no audio on boot is caused by a glitch that occurs when you are using a plate reverb and a mono delay at the same time. I think it's ok to switch to that combo once you are powered up but before you power the console back down switch to any combination except the above and it should boot with no problems.

So how did you have a plate verb and a mono delay selected before you initially booted up the desk?  You said, " This console has had an issue since I unpacked it with no audio on boot up, either with or without a computer attached."

You've made what looks to me like conflicting statements here.  It either passed audio or didn't.  There's no way you can select the supposedly conflicting FX presets before turning the board on, so that couldn't have been the cause of the original problem.

I think you need to just slow down and be a bit more accurate in your assessments before speculating.  There are some fairly large gaps in your logic, or at least in the way you posted the information for us.

And BTW:

ALL install discs are out of date by the time you buy the product.  The ONLY way is to go to the company web-site and download the latest......or have them send you a current disc, if such a thing exists. 

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »

Oddly enough Presonus tech support called immediately after my previous post and we've been on the phone for 2 hours. Hopefully the problem has been handled or at least progress has been made.

What? That is f-ing retarded. A plate reverb and mono delay cause the whole console to lock up?  What that really means is that their software is shit and their quality control is non existant.  You should have bought a Yamaha. The Presonus is a toy. And congratulations, it broke right out of the box.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »

And PS, Presonus tech support finally called you because they read these boards and they were getting bad press.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »

What? That is f-ing retarded. A plate reverb and mono delay cause the whole console to lock up?  What that really means is that their software is shit and their quality control is non existant.  You should have bought a Yamaha. The Presonus is a toy. And congratulations, it broke right out of the box.

There's some BS going on somewhere, probably at both ends.  I use a plate and a mono delay as my default FX config and it causes ZERO problems.

John Sabine

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »

These are the the assessments and speculations of Presonus, not myself, but you are correct. I never considered that It didn't come out of the box with those effects as default. Or maybe it does. I'm going by what I was told by the tech that most of the consoles that won't pass audio on boot are powering up with that combination of effects. For more info call Presonus and ask for Jason.
You are correct about the software, yes I should have just downloaded the latest from the website.

So how did you have a plate verb and a mono delay selected before you initially booted up the desk?  You said, " This console has had an issue since I unpacked it with no audio on boot up, either with or without a computer attached."

You've made what looks to me like conflicting statements here.  It either passed audio or didn't.  There's no way you can select the supposedly conflicting FX presets before turning the board on, so that couldn't have been the cause of the original problem.

I think you need to just slow down and be a bit more accurate in your assessments before speculating.  There are some fairly large gaps in your logic, or at least in the way you posted the information for us.

And BTW:

ALL install discs are out of date by the time you buy the product.  The ONLY way is to go to the company web-site and download the latest......or have them send you a current disc, if such a thing exists.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:25:02 PM by John Sabine »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 25 queries.