ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bummed about new Behringer Digital Console :(  (Read 28750 times)

paul bell

Re: Bummed about new Behringer Digital Console :(
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2012, 11:39:56 am »

It sucks that PreSonus ships these products to end users not having tested them and weeding out the duds. They let the purchaser determine if the unit is a lemon.

This is an un-acceptable practice. I would not buy this product, nor would I recommend it or any products from PreSonus.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:34 am »

It sucks that PreSonus ships these products to end users not having tested them and weeding out the duds. They let the purchaser determine if the unit is a lemon.

This is an un-acceptable practice. I would not buy this product, nor would I recommend it or any products from PreSonus.

Yes that sucks if it is actual company policy. I recall once at Peavey where a QA/rework tech got fired because we were able to trace multiple cases of faulty DOA products to him. Products that were clearly never functional, let alone 100% (like missing speakers). The policy where QA folk actually initial a QA tag on the product helps, but some workers are not even that long term thinking to worry about getting caught.

I truly hope that Presonus does not ignore barrier QA testing, as it is much cheaper that after the fact field service and repairs.

Ironically, I recall an old IBM study where customers who had a positive customer service experience, were more likely to buy that brand again, so perhaps it's a strategy to increase customer loyalty, ;D ;D but way more expensive than simple advertising.

JR
Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2012, 12:10:18 pm »

That is not their practice and it is illogical for you to assume that.  Do you know what their failure rate or rate of return is compared to other products?

Some of you guys are just trying way too hard to find fault with a product you have very little if any experience with!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:36:00 pm by Chuck Simon »

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2012, 12:23:53 pm »

I doubt a company like Presonus, with all the products they produce, do not have by default ICT ( in-circuit test ) and FCT ( functional circuit test ) performed on their products.

Given they do, there are a myrad of other sources of failure - both design and assembly issues -  that can escape factory testing: component infant mortaility, component design-in margin, solder joints, FW bugs, drop/vibration failure (from shipment/handling), any physical connection point, failure due to latent ESD damage, etc etc etc... then sometimes a fault caused by a new product design short coming is not seen until field failures are returned, then action items are assigned to fix it.

Mike

John Sabine

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »

I was pleased with the final result but disappointed that at times it took so long to get a reply and that, seeing as how this is part of how I make a living, they left me using a defective product for so long. I truly do like this product when it's working properly though and like I said in earlier posts, I've sold presonus before and this is the first time I've actually had to even contact customer service.

So how would you rate Presonus responsibility and support now that you're out the other side?
"I think it needs more barn"

Dave Bigelow

• Louisville, KY when I am actually home...
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »

On a side note I finally got my hands on an X32 last saturday, worked great, used every input and 3/4 of the outputs along with my external effects. Well ok, technically not every input since I doubled a few channels for some mute group trickery since I was running ear mixes from FOH and a couple guys swap instruments. Did use the internal effects on one of the support bands, they didn't sound bad, just not as good as what's in my rack. Plus the Dtwo is way too user friendly to ditch.

I'd say the show went alright, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pAoP54adGQ

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »

So how would you rate Presonus responsibility and support now that you're out the other side?

Thumbs up on the product for me (more or less), however thumbs down on Presonus support.

As far as my experience goes Presonus support does not exist. They don't answer the phone ever. And e-mails did not resolve my issue.  (I simply need to transfer a software license)   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.