ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Bummed about new Behringer Digital Console :(  (Read 28775 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Bummed about new Behringer Digital Console :(
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 06:33:51 pm »

These are the the assessments and speculations of Presonus, not myself, but you are correct. I never considered that It didn't come out of the box with those effects as default. Or maybe it does. I'm going by what I was told by the tech that most of the consoles that won't pass audio on boot are powering up with that combination of effects. For more info call Presonus and ask for Jason.
You are correct about the software, yes I should have just downloaded the latest from the website.

The FX selection for both engines begins @ preset #1.  The plates are numbered around 30 and the delays a bit further into the menu, so it is impossible for them to be selected "out of the box".  There's just no way.  So how could that possibly apply to your desk not passing audio upon powering up for the first time?

I don't think you're clear on this.  Certainly your posted information is unclear and confused. 

I have spoken to the tech support folks @ Presonus several times and I will say that the folks who answer the phones seem to lack a basic familiarity with their own product.  I've felt like they're of the ilk that looks up the "proper response" on a list, then reads out the scripted answer.......

But with their tech support (as with posts here on the Forums), what you get depends on the information you can provide.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Sabine

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 10:31:20 pm »

Actually if you go to the second layer of editing in the effects section you'll find that you can edit each preset to be pretty much anything. For example, you can go into the effects editing and make "F1" a plate reverb for fx channel 1 but then program "F1" to be a mono delay for fx channel 2, so the delays don't necessarily start at channel 34, they start where ever you wish for them to. I was checking all of my presets tonight and although I have never edited any of my effects when I saved my presets this is exactly how they saved, FX1 was F1- ambience-plate and my FX2 reads F1- ambience- mono delay. Did it ship this way? Who knows because this isn't something that one would think to check. Does it display the magic combination that Presonus thinks might be a problem? You betcha. If you check the Presonus forums you'll find several topics about having no audio on boot and a couple that link it to mono delay. It mostly seems to effect later versions of the 24.4.2 that are running universal control 1.6. Some owners have gotten some relief by loading legacy drivers 1.5.3 or 1.2 but the tech I spoke with felt that since I had the latest Mac OS that running legacy drivers would just cause problems.

The FX selection for both engines begins @ preset #1.  The plates are numbered around 30 and the delays a bit further into the menu, so it is impossible for them to be selected "out of the box".  There's just no way.  So how could that possibly apply to your desk not passing audio upon powering up for the first time?

I don't think you're clear on this.  Certainly your posted information is unclear and confused. 

I have spoken to the tech support folks @ Presonus several times and I will say that the folks who answer the phones seem to lack a basic familiarity with their own product.  I've felt like they're of the ilk that looks up the "proper response" on a list, then reads out the scripted answer.......

But with their tech support (as with posts here on the Forums), what you get depends on the information you can provide.
"I think it needs more barn"

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 11:32:08 pm »

Taking no sides Dick but it could be that the OP bought a "B" stock board and those presets were still in memory from the last person who owned it and sent it back because of the lock up problem.

That being said all of this is one reason I don't have any dogs in this fight. I suppose that if I did move away from my steller APB then I would buy a very good digital board and use the APB for backup. Hell, I carry a DBX 480, 260's, AND an Ashly analog crossover just for backup. Old dog, no new tricks, tired and cranky.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:49 am »

Taking no sides Dick but it could be that the OP bought a "B" stock board and those presets were still in memory from the last person who owned it and sent it back because of the lock up problem.

That being said all of this is one reason I don't have any dogs in this fight. I suppose that if I did move away from my steller APB then I would buy a very good digital board and use the APB for backup. Hell, I carry a DBX 480, 260's, AND an Ashly analog crossover just for backup. Old dog, no new tricks, tired and cranky.

Scene 1 on these desks is a "zero out" setting and returns everything to the stock settings.  I seriously doubt that any B stock desk has not been gone through to rectify any problems (or attempt to) at the most and at the least have the first scene recalled.  I would say it is extremely unlikely that any board, A, B or C stock would ship with anything but Scene 1 up.

There's just too much conflict, assumption and innuendo in the OP's posts to say what's really what.  Bottom line is if it didn't pass audio out of the box, it should be returned immediately.  Everything after that seems to be a pissing match.

Or perhaps the statement that it didn't work out of the box is inaccurate as well.....

Something's fishy.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

I agree, and I'm not in the mood to go fishing. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING that I buy best work as advertised out of the box or it goes back immidiately if not sooner. Except maybe T-shirts and underwear.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 03:13:54 pm »

I agree, and I'm not in the mood to go fishing. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING that I buy best work as advertised out of the box or it goes back immidiately if not sooner. Except maybe T-shirts and underwear.

I have had 4 different SL24's crash on me. I own one of them. And it is becoming a no go console. My options of returning flunked cause I brought it down from the US. But even the locally purchased ones behave the same. Pop, and no audio. They go out with a bang!

The presonus forums are a great place to hang out in, and you will find plenty of similar stories. But unfortunately not a concrete solution.

Firmware flashes do not help.

The next scariest thing to a Digico, only cause they cost 1/20th at least. And they have a great community to try and help you.

Currently testing out the X32, and its madness!

Sidhu
My RTA is always flat.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 03:40:54 pm »

I have had 4 different SL24's crash on me. I own one of them. And it is becoming a no go console. My options of returning flunked cause I brought it down from the US. But even the locally purchased ones behave the same. Pop, and no audio. They go out with a bang!

The presonus forums are a great place to hang out in, and you will find plenty of similar stories. But unfortunately not a concrete solution.

Solution for what, specifically???????
Firmware flashes do not help.

The next scariest thing to a Digico, only cause they cost 1/20th at least. And they have a great community to try and help you.

Currently testing out the X32, and its madness!

Sidhu

Sidhu....

Please tell us if the failure modes have been identified.  Yet another post without specific information is becoming frustrating.  While I'm not defending the manufacturer, I would like to know if recurring failures do to SPECIFIC issues are an inherent design/manufacturing flaw, a weakness which can be avoided with advance knowledge or simple operator error.
It may be a case of false expectations, somewhat like trying to use a delicate recording mic in a kick drum or for an emo-screamer.  Wrong tool for the job, but not necessarily a bad tool.........

My suspicions at the moment are that they are simply not robust enough to handle constant daily "professional" use, but with careful handling and stable, regulated power they can be useful.

But without specific information we're all left groping in the darkness.  Please elucidate.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:49:44 pm by dick rees »

Mark McFarlane

• Middle East
    • Arkose Records
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 04:26:32 pm »

Do you find a lot of T shirts that don't work ?  What's that like, exactly ?
Mark McFarlane
ARKOSERECORDS
Turn down what's too loud.

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 04:35:10 pm »

Hi Dick, This was posted a couple of years ago, Don't know if this will help.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,137926.msg1284861.html#msg1284861

Regards,  John

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

Hi Dick, This was posted a couple of years ago, Don't know if this will help.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,137926.msg1284861.html#msg1284861

Regards,  John

John, 

Thanks very much for the link, but my primary purpose in continuing to participate in threads such as this is to try to get poster to give actual, factual info rather than vent their frustration with no real hard info.  I can empathize with those experiencing buyer's remorse, but I also want to know the scenario for the "failure".  Without a full, accurate account of the circumstances there's always the chance that it was simply a case of OE.
And in this instance (not returning the product immediately upon it "not booting up out of the box") I tend to be a bit suspicious.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.