ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community VLF218- EVX180B as replacement driver?  (Read 1626 times)

Justin Staszewski

Community VLF218- EVX180B as replacement driver?
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:46:46 AM »

One of my VLF218 died on the gig the other night.  Upon opening the cab, I saw that one of the drivers cheap input plate had fallen off and shorted, cooking one driver and burning up the tinsel leads on the other (Glad it didn't take out my iTech).  Have been thinking of hot rodding one pair, so my first thought was the EVX180-B.  Anyone tried any other drivers in one of these?  Community quoted me 200 apiece to replace the drivers as they dont offer a recone kit, and I have a few extra EVXs hanging around so I thought it might be worth a shot.  The build quality really didnt impress me upon taking the factory drivers out, so I kinda would rather switch out a few and see how it goes.  Any advice?  (braces for barrage inevitable "you wont know unless you go ahead try it and listen to them")  I would prefer to not waste my time if they're gonna sound like shit with EVXs and have to rip em all apart again.  As a side note, anyone know of another recone kit that would fit those baskets?  Maybe an Omega Pro?  I really HATE throwing baskets out, seems so wasteful.

ProSoundWeb Community

Community VLF218- EVX180B as replacement driver?
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:46:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.