ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Console Questions  (Read 255666 times)

Peter Morris

Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »

Just to clarify, VCAs are not POP groups. VCAs include solo and mute functions as well as the fader, whereas a POP group is simply a way to bring a group of inputs or outputs to a section of the console at one time.

Yes … but the VCA groups have a population function. Only the channels selected for that VCA are displayed or populated on the channels strips. I love this function :)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:51 AM »

Hold the VCA you want to populate for a "few" seconds (do not remember how long) and then press the desired channel select to add it to the VCA. Do all of this while holding the VCA select you are populating

I understand what the VCA is and how to assign them.
The question is, once I have a VCA (eg:drums) has anyone been able to include that VCA when selecting the buttons in a "population group" or is it only inputs and outputs that can be assigned to a population group?
I'm in the shop today and will open the console for more investigation. Many things to learn!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Ryan Jodrell

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »

I understand what the VCA is and how to assign them.

You seem to be trying to do the same thing twice. When you have a VCA group set-up, when you press the button it "unfolds" your inputs to that VCA to the input faders. When you have a POP group set-up, when you press the button it unfolds your inputs to that POP group to the input faders. Why include a VCA in a POP group when they do the same thing, apart from VCAs having fader, solo and mute funtionality?

jason misterka

Re: Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »

You seem to be trying to do the same thing twice. When you have a VCA group set-up, when you press the button it "unfolds" your inputs to that VCA to the input faders. When you have a POP group set-up, when you press the button it unfolds your inputs to that POP group to the input faders. Why include a VCA in a POP group when they do the same thing, apart from VCAs having fader, solo and mute funtionality?

I don't know about the OP, but I can think of several reasons you would want a VCA in a POP spill. 

You are not "spilling" the VCA in that case, only looking at and being able to adjust it.

Especially handy for Pro 1, Pro 2, and Pro 2c consoles that do not have a ton of faders on the surface.

Say, on the Pro 1, I could have a POP group called DRM/PERC that includes 10 drum channels, 3 perc channels, 1 verb return, a drum VCA and a perc VCA.  I wouldn't hang out there when mixing but could splash there when needed and have access to all the important controls for those inputs.  Kinda like other brand console's custom fader layers...

Jason
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:07:22 PM by jason misterka »

Ryan Jodrell

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »

Say, on the Pro 1, I could have a POP group called DRM/PERC that includes 10 drum channels, 3 perc channels, 1 verb return, a drum VCA and a perc VCA.
Jason

Where would you "hang out" whilst mixing then? All of the functionality you're wanting is available on one layer as long as you're showing VCAs in the output bank. Spill your POP group with all the inputs and verbs and have your Drum and Perc VCAs right there too- at most they are 15 faders away on the same layer.

Peter Morris

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »

Where would you "hang out" whilst mixing then? All of the functionality you're wanting is available on one layer as long as you're showing VCAs in the output bank. Spill your POP group with all the inputs and verbs and have your Drum and Perc VCAs right there too- at most they are 15 faders away on the same layer.

I'm with you ...  the functionality is there as you described.

jason misterka

Re: Re: Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:56 PM »

All of the functionality you're wanting is available on one layer as long as you're showing VCAs in the output bank. Spill your POP group with all the inputs and verbs and have your Drum and Perc VCAs right there too- at most they are 15 faders away on the same layer.

Not on the Pro1 (which is what I've spent all my time on) or Pro2c.  There are only 16 faders total.

In my template I have a SHOW pop group with the 8 most important channels.  I hang out there, with the other 8 faders on DCAs.

I'm not really concerned about this, just was pointing out that the person who requested it may not be looney.  There are times it could be handy.

Ryan Jodrell

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:11 AM »

Not on the Pro1 (which is what I've spent all my time on)

Haha, me too! I'm in front of one all day today as we discuss this :)

On a completely separate note, has anybody had any luck with Mixtender wireless control with an iPad? I'm far from an IT guy, but try as I might I cannot get the iPad and Pro 1 talking. Any tips would be most helpful

Jason Kelly

• L-Acoustics
    • XTA Electronics
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »

Haha, me too! I'm in front of one all day today as we discuss this :)

On a completely separate note, has anybody had any luck with Mixtender wireless control with an iPad? I'm far from an IT guy, but try as I might I cannot get the iPad and Pro 1 talking. Any tips would be most helpful

Hi Ryan,

Please use this link to download a PDF with some instructions for connecting a PRO Series console to an iPad. If you are using an Apple Airport there are some specific settings at the bottom to look at. We've found Airports are the least friendly and easy to set up. But hopefully this will help.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81872918/Mixtender%20Instructions%20V1.2%20%28Airport%29.pdf

Thanks,

Jason Kelly
L-Acoustics

Peter Morris

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »

Not on the Pro1 (which is what I've spent all my time on) or Pro2c.  There are only 16 faders total.

In my template I have a SHOW pop group with the 8 most important channels.  I hang out there, with the other 8 faders on DCAs.

I'm not really concerned about this, just was pointing out that the person who requested it may not be looney.  There are times it could be handy.

So why do you want to add a VCA to a POP group … if you could you would just loose one of you 8  displayed channels (on the left) and end up with the same VCA on the left and right groups of 8 faders.

BTW do you use area B ? …  That may help by giving you 3 more faders (I assume a Pro 1 has an area B) ... and you can scroll and there is an extend button.

Peter

edit - quoted wrong reply - now correct
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:44:06 AM by Peter Morris »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.