ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Console Questions  (Read 223161 times)

Keith Farmer

Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2013, 03:11:30 AM »

Hi All,

So I had my first hands on experience with a Pro 1 this week and I have to say, for the most part I loved it, sounds great, feels great etc.
However I have one HUGE issue with it.......

My issue relates to using it as a monitor console, and the inability to link the upper bank of Mix sends with the lower bank of O/P faders.

Now i love the collapsed flip and the pop group function, however if I want to solo a mix and adjust that mix then this requires selecting the same thing in two different places, how is that??

Also if I happen to have more than Eight contributions and use the expand function, then I now have no way of soloing another O/P, I can select another mix but still be soloing the previous one.

Please tell me this is soon to be rectified, as right now it is IMHO completely unusable as a monitor console.

Thank you in anticipation

Keith Farmer

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »

Hi All,

So I had my first hands on experience with a Pro 1 this week and I have to say, for the most part I loved it, sounds great, feels great etc.

My issue relates to using it as a monitor console, and the inability to link the upper bank of Mix sends with the lower bank of O/P faders.

Now i love the collapsed flip and the pop group function, however if I want to solo a mix and adjust that mix then this requires selecting the same thing in two different places, how is that??

Also if I happen to have more than Eight contributions and use the expand function, then I now have no way of soloing another O/P, I can select another mix but still be soloing the previous one.
Doesn't the masterfader become the master(and solo) for the selected mix? Then you don't have to flip between VCA and output on the right faderbank to solo a selected mix.

Josh Hana

« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »

Looking to set up the ipad with mixtender for the A2 to mix the 2trk recording feed...can anyone confirm that changes from the ipad won't interfere by changing the page/layer on the console itself?

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

Looking to set up the ipad with mixtender for the A2 to mix the 2trk recording feed...can anyone confirm that changes from the ipad won't interfere by changing the page/layer on the console itself?
That's right, switching layers or mixes on the iPad doesn't affect the physical mix.

Peter Morris

« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »

Hi All,

Please tell me this is soon to be rectified, as right now it is IMHO completely unusable as a monitor console.

Thank you in anticipation

Keith Farmer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0alrrQ9IY

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2013, 02:32:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0alrrQ9IY

That didn't answer the question.  I know what the OP is talking about.  If you select a mix on the output/VCA faders, that select does not make the fader flip function.  To get fader flip to function you have to select the mix via the upper section master area, not the output/VCA area.  When you have a output/VCA fader selected, that select does not carry up to the main output section.  It is kind of annoying, especially when you consider there is no clean way to label that upper section where you have the button screen on the output/VCA faders. 

I really wish they would barrow the fader flip functions from the X32 on this one.  Not only can you select a output fader and flip that way, but if you select a channel while in fader flip mode the output faders flip to only work on that mix.  That gives  you a pretty easy and powerful way to quickly get a channel out to the act onstage. 

Personally, my workflow is the keep the thing in extended constantly and keep my right hand in the master control area. 

My only other gripe is I wish that the labels on the mix pots on GUI lined up with the pots on the GUI instead of being in a clump in the center of the screen.  If that pot said "Keys L" instead of Mix 4, it would make the world a bit easier. 

Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Keith Farmer

« Reply #326 on: October 19, 2013, 03:59:02 AM »

Doesn't the masterfader become the master(and solo) for the selected mix? Then you don't have to flip between VCA and output on the right faderbank to solo a selected mix.

That would certainly work to a degree, I can not say I noticed this behaviour, and upon confirmation of it I will be kicking myself very hard.

Josh Hana

« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »

Used Mixtender2 for the first time this weekend to do a recording mix, I really liked it.
The only problem was that when you're on the MCA screen for a mix, when you spill the MCA group, the input channels are locked to the main/masters even though the mix is selected, that threw me off once or twice, seems like the spilled channels should be for the mix you have selected.

Also is there no way on the app to get to input channel dynamics? There is a second "page" after input EQ but it's just the name and LED color

Keith Farmer

« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:34 AM »

That would certainly work to a degree, I can not say I noticed this behaviour, and upon confirmation of it I will be kicking myself very hard.

Anyone??

Peter Morris

« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2013, 02:15:53 AM »

Anyone??

That's certainly how a Pro2 works never used a Pro1 but I expect its the same.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:34:19 AM by Peter Morris »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2013, 02:15:53 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.