ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Console Questions  (Read 232194 times)

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
Re: Midas Pro Series Console Questions
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »

This is something I think Midas needs to change.  You must save at least one scene in every show file.  If you save just scenes for each band in a single show file then you can jump from one band to the next by hitting next or last buttons.  It will change with out warning.  So scenes are really made for a song by song setup.  If you want to save band by band then you must create a show file and again at least one scene with in that show file. 

Midas should make it so that you can save scene by scene with a option to confirm scene changes.

BW

Alright, that's what I thought, and I've been saving every day as a new file AND scene in said file. 

So basically the file is saving preferences?

And the scene is saving literally everything else? Gains, patching, fader, pan, eq, dynamics, vca assignments, group/matrices, and fx?

So by default the scene scoped EVERYTHING?  What if I wanted to build scenes for the actual show that DIDN'T scope everything.  At that point I would have to make a scene that has EVERYTHING for saving purposes, and then have the rest of the scenes after that scoped with only needed parameters?
Ryan John
Product Manager | Avid Live Sound

peter dakin

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 05:19:39 AM »

So, got my hands on one yesterday for the first time and I've a few questions.

How do you reset the desk, back to a totally clear/cleaned desk?

I ticked all the reset buttons in the config menu, but there was no "default" scene or library.
I had to go through the desk and manually reset every EQ/Gain/channel name/VCA etc by copy and pasting a blank channel onto every input. Once I'd reset all the names back to normal I then saved it as a default channel library. Surely these should be in the desk as standard?

Sadly I failed to check operating system, but its brand new, off the self, so imagine its v1.0.

A/B Cue bus.
How do you route items to the B cue bus?
I was trying to have say wedges on A, IEM's on B, is this easily done? I saw the broadcast function to have mixes on A, solo's on B.. that sounds awesome!

Quick way to get faders to unity?

What does the effects label sheet do?
I've labelled FX and GEQ's but didn't notice where they then appear?

If you select Aux, then config, I assume the "set all contributions Pre/Post" makes every channel pre/post to that selected aux?
I'm away from the desk now, so not something I can easily test.

channel compressor, key listen?
I could hear the compressor effecting the frequency I was sweeping to, so compressor was working, however when pressing "listen", nothing would happen. I tried pressing and holding, double tapping etc.
Again I'm sure this is another setting somewhere.

Many thanks.

Įrni F. Siguršsson

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »

Each show has a "safe scene" with you can recall to get an empty board.

somewhere on the track bar there is a "B" button, if I remember correctly it's in the channel head view (where gain, trim, link and HPB is)

Haven't found a quick way, but when setting up a board for a monitor mix I usually take channel 1, put it to unity, then "copy all" and "paste to all". Then that channel settings get copied to every other channel.

I have at least seen it when the FX window is open and I open up the effect machine, then the name is in the top left drop-down menu (where you can change between effect machines)

Other things I've not tried. and I've only worked on the Pro6/9

Maybe someone has a better way to do things.
Sound technician
Menningarfélag Akureyrar / Akureyri Culture Company
Iceland

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 07:02:03 PM »

Under link options on the "linking" tab in preferences menu.

This is what I see in that menu, there is nothing related to solos
Input controls
Direct output
Filters
Dynamics
Eq
Bus sends
Master routing
Fader
Delay
Mute

And I'm on a week old pro2, it's V1.15.04 software
Ryan John

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »

This is something I think Midas needs to change.  You must save at least one scene in every show file.  If you save just scenes for each band in a single show file then you can jump from one band to the next by hitting next or last buttons.  It will change with out warning.  So scenes are really made for a song by song setup.  If you want to save band by band then you must create a show file and again at least one scene with in that show file. 

Midas should make it so that you can save scene by scene with a option to confirm scene changes.

BW

So in the automation page, the "save" button at the top is related to the show file, and not the scene right?  So you can just hit "store scene" and then "save" at the top... And be good to go?
Ryan John

Brian Wynn

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »

So in the automation page, the "save" button at the top is related to the show file, and not the scene right?  So you can just hit "store scene" and then "save" at the top... And be good to go?

Yes that is correct.  The SAVE saves the show.  Store saves the scene with in the show file.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 01:40:40 AM »

This is what I see in that menu, there is nothing related to solos
Input controls
Direct output
Filters
Dynamics
Eq
Bus sends
Master routing
Fader
Delay
Mute

And I'm on a week old pro2, it's V1.15.04 software

Call Midas tech support and get a drop box link to the updated software to version 2.05R.  Then you will get a lot more effects to choose form and POP group color spill will work and you can link solo's.  Ask for Philip when you call he dropped me the link.  Oh you also get the fader level indicated in db's on the select LCD button / screen when moving a fader.

I would email you the link but they have to invite you.

peter dakin

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 11:46:33 AM »

To answer some of my own questions, after further chance to have a play:

ah yes, as Įrni F. Siguršsson mentioned.
I thought scene 0 was just there to show where labels where, didn't think it actually loaded! DOH

I was trying to have say wedges on A, IEM's on B, is this easily done? I saw the broadcast function to have mixes on A, solo's on B.. that sounds awesome!
Yup as Įrni F. Siguršsson mentioned above, the B on each channel/output etc,

Yup copy all and paste all, thanks Įrni F. Siguršsson.

I've labelled FX and GEQ's but didn't notice where they then appear?
Appears in the drop down menu, when specifying what feeds a FX or GEQ.

If you select Aux, then config, I assume the "set all contributions Pre/Post" makes every channel pre/post to that selected aux?
I'm away from the desk now, so not something I can easily test.
Yup, it changes every channel to pre/post send.

channel compressor, key listen?
I could hear the compressor effecting the frequency I was sweeping to, so compressor was working, however when pressing "listen", nothing would happen. I tried pressing and holding, double tapping etc.
When pressing listen, the key listen mode is routed to local monitors only (inc headphones), full range audio remains going to master bus. Makes perfect sense!
You don't want to accidentally hit 'listen' during show and have only 6kHz of the Lead vox hit the audience!!!

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »

Call Midas tech support and get a drop box link to the updated software to version 2.05R.  Then you will get a lot more effects to choose form and POP group color spill will work and you can link solo's.  Ask for Philip when you call he dropped me the link.  Oh you also get the fader level indicated in db's on the select LCD button / screen when moving a fader.

I would email you the link but they have to invite you.

Sounds good, thanks for the info!

I've heard from many though, that V2 isn't stable yet, and even Midas hasn't been recommending upgrading yet...  If this untrue?

I would LOVE a default button, for setting pans to center, faders to unity, sends to unity, EQ gain to 0dB... Much like the Avid desks... Hold 'default' and click the parameter you wish to reset.  I miss that... a lot...

I also miss the patching screen therein you can actually see all of the input patches in one place on one screen. Or outputs, or whatnot.
Ryan John

Brian Wynn

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 02:07:54 AM »

Sounds good, thanks for the info!

I've heard from many though, that V2 isn't stable yet, and even Midas hasn't been recommending upgrading yet...  If this untrue?

I would LOVE a default button, for setting pans to center, faders to unity, sends to unity, EQ gain to 0dB... Much like the Avid desks... Hold 'default' and click the parameter you wish to reset.  I miss that... a lot...

I also miss the patching screen therein you can actually see all of the input patches in one place on one screen. Or outputs, or whatnot.

Version 2.00 was unstable  2.05R is good to go.

ProSoundWeb Community

Ā« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 02:07:54 AM Ā»

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.