ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: electronic pipe organ  (Read 3565 times)

jay randol

electronic pipe organ
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »

Hi All,
I'm trying to help our church look at new options for enhancing the sound from a Baldwin E380 electronic organ. 2 manuals, 16 and 32' pedals.
I know true pipe organs really throw sound and have lots of reverberation. I'm clueless how to set this up and what speakers/processing might work. I don't have exact dimensions yet. 250 seat sanctuary, fan shape facing alter. All windows behing alter, dry wall, capet padded pews. Current speakers L/R in pockets on eirher side of alter, 2 very small twin 8" subs on balcony ledge behind congregation.
Thanks for any ideas.
jay
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:44:23 AM by jay randol »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: electronic organ
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »

Hi All,
I'm trying to help our church look at new options for enhancing the sound from a Baldwin E380 electronic organ. 2 manuals, 16 and 32' pedals.
I know true pipe organs really throw sound and have lots of reverberation. I'm clueless how to set this up and what speakers/processing might work. I don't have exact dimensions yet. 250 seat sanctuary, fan shape facing alter. All windows behing alter, dry wall, capet padded pews. Current speakers L/R in pockets on eirher side of alter, 2 very small twin 8" subs on balcony ledge behind congregation.
Thanks for any ideas.
jay

Rooms produce reverberations, not necessarily the instrument although an electric instrument might well have some "reverb" effects.  I couldn't quickly find any info on the instrument itself, so don't know how easy it is to tap into the output but there will be a way, just what you need to do it is still in question.  Most likely a DI which will take both line and speaker level signals will suffice.

I suspect you'll either end up with an instrument amplifier such as a large keyboard amp or some small, self-contained "system" with a couple of speakers and a sub.  Having the sub located at a distance from the main speakers is likely not the best setup as the delay between the two sources is problematic.

Good luck.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

jay randol

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

Hi All,
Thanks for any ideas

Sanctuary is 3340 sq ft
ceiling ht starts at 15ft at side wall and goes to 37 ft center of room

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.