ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Anyone Here Using The Behringer Powerplay Personal Mixing System?  (Read 3124 times)

Lance Richens

Our Church, Ashley Valley Calvary Chapel, is considering buying 5 of these units to use in conjunction with the s-10 snake system. I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad. We cureently mix our monitor mixes, via aux's, from an Allen & Heath GL 2800 FOH board.
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

Lance Richens

Re: Is Anyone Here Using The Behringer Powerplay Personal Mixing System?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »

Am I wrong in believing that the s-10 snake can be interfaced with an analog FOH mixer?

Lance Richens

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:21:39 pm »

Another question. Could I use the P-16I at foh, connected to the direct outs of the 16 channels I need, then run ONE cat5 cable to the p16D on stage which I would then connect the 5 p15M modules to negating the need for the s10 snake? If so I could just continue using our analog snake to deliver the instruments & vocals to the foh board as usual....

George Dougherty

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 11:49:20 pm »

Another question. Could I use the P-16I at foh, connected to the direct outs of the 16 channels I need, then run ONE cat5 cable to the p16D on stage which I would then connect the 5 p15M modules to negating the need for the s10 snake? If so I could just continue using our analog snake to deliver the instruments & vocals to the foh board as usual....
If you read the Behringer literature, yes.  It works pretty much identical to the similar Aviom setup.

Lance Richens

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

Is there any cat5 that is more suitable than others or could I just buy a 100' cable from staples & be good to go?

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:49:15 am »

Is there any cat5 that is more suitable than others or could I just buy a 100' cable from staples & be good to go?
If this is a permanent install, then you'll need to look into what type of cable you are required by code to install (riser rated, plenum rated, etc.). 

If this is for a temporary setup, where the gear is set and struck each time, you can look into tactical Cat5 cable from manufacturers like Gepco and Belden.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mark Long

• Dayton, OH
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:39:56 am »

Our Church, Ashley Valley Calvary Chapel, is considering buying 5 of these units to use in conjunction with the s-10 snake system. I'd appreciate any feedback, good or bad. We cureently mix our monitor mixes, via aux's, from an Allen & Heath GL 2800 FOH board.
A friend of mine just got theirs at the church I used to attend. I'm going to help him install it, but it will probably be a week or two before he has time. I'll keep you posted on what happens there.

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:32 pm »

My church was looking at this system for a bit, but the behringer name didn't sit well with the leadership so we didn't get it. We're still gunning for the M-48 system. It's just more than we can afford right now. Besides, we just spend $3k on recording our first album.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:32 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.