ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Countryman E6's?  (Read 3003 times)

Al Rettich

Countryman E6's?
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:16:31 pm »

Have a show out with half a dozen of Countryman E6's. They are married to Shure UHF-R's. I have one mic, that when I put it onto a female character, it gets dark. Yet, when I put it onto a male character it's normal. I've tried a few female characters with the same results. I followed the directions off the Countryman website on how to clean it. Didn't get much, and no difference. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? FYI, on the console EQ's were turned off.

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
Re: Countryman E6's?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:22:18 pm »

Have a show out with half a dozen of Countryman E6's. They are married to Shure UHF-R's. I have one mic, that when I put it onto a female character, it gets dark. Yet, when I put it onto a male character it's normal. I've tried a few female characters with the same results. I followed the directions off the Countryman website on how to clean it. Didn't get much, and no difference. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? FYI, on the console EQ's were turned off.

The e6s ship with different caps for the element which change the mic's high frequency eq curve. Is it possible that the mic which you are talking about has a duller cap on it than the rest?
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

Anthony Forchielli

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »

E6's are very placement dependent.  Make sure it's not digging into there cheek and being muffled too.  I tend to run them just above the jaw line, (which is lower than the manual says so).  Putting it higher can result in some pretty bad breath pops.

Al Rettich

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 11:00:14 am »

I'm aware of the different caps, but I'm speaking it's from like about 800Hz all the way up. Very dark. We've been playing with it. I thought maybe it was makeup.
The e6s ship with different caps for the element which change the mic's high frequency eq curve. Is it possible that the mic which you are talking about has a duller cap on it than the rest?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 11:12:52 am »

Do you have access to any program which will give you a visual representation of the frequencies the mic is passing or let you do a tone sweep through the mic?  I'm thinking the tonal make-up of the different M/F voices is lacking some HF which shows up more in  the F vox.  Just a matter of the overtones which define the gender to our ears.

I'm betting that there's a chunk of frequencies missing on that particular mic.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 11:12:52 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.