ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha and a Digital Snake.....  (Read 21916 times)

Oscar Castro

Yamaha and a Digital Snake.....
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »

What you guys are using and the how much it cost ,im looking for info about it.

Thanks

Mark McFarlane

Re: Yamaha and a Digital Snake.....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »

What you guys are using and the how much it cost ,im looking for info about it.

Thanks

Which Yamaha console?  Do you have open slots?
Mark McFarlane

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Yamaha and a Digital Snake.....
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »

Keep in mind that the slots on the Yamaha desks (at least before the CL - I don't about them) only can do 16 ch each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

dustin Bradley

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »

I had the M7CL-48ES on my last tour.  It's a terrific console and the CAT5 snake was nice.  It's a hell of a lot lighter and easier to move around and wrangle.  We used the SB168's at the stage.  Patching was very easy and I never had any issues.
~ dustin Bradley

Oscar Castro

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »

Sorry, i have the LS9-32

dustin Bradley

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »

Sorry, i have the LS9-32

I believe it would use the same SB168 heads at the stage.  Still, I love the digi snake.       :)
~ dustin Bradley

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »

Sorry, i have the LS9-32
It would likely be cheaper and easier to sell your LS9-32 and snake and put the money you would have spent on a 3rd party digital snake towards a board that was designed around one.  An A&H GLD system should be within reach, and may require less out of pocket cash than adding a digital snake to your current system.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 06:23:52 AM »

It would likely be cheaper and easier to sell your LS9-32 and snake and put the money you would have spent on a 3rd party digital snake towards a board that was designed around one.  An A&H GLD system should be within reach, and may require less out of pocket cash than adding a digital snake to your current system.

Or if you're really happy with Yamaha as a whole, you could purchace a "CL-series" RIO rack for the LS9.  This is my upgrade path for my DM 2000. 

Advantages:

-It will give us a nice digital snake for the DM 2000 now.
-It will allow me to spread out the upgrade path over time.
-It will be a product we can use with other Yamaha products in the future, both CL-series and others.
-It will allow us to have an older backup-mixer in stock once we upgrade, and this backup will be compatible with our future preamp-racks.
-And it will allow the back-up desk of the future (DM 2000) do be able to do smaller gigs on it's own with an analog snake due to it's built-in preamps (just like the OP will with the LS9).
-It will also allow us to use an existing inventory desk for digital split/gain share-situations in the future.

Quiz:  Why am I assuming the RIO racks will be compatible with the desks Yamaha are to release after the CL 1/3/5?

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »

Or if you're really happy with Yamaha as a whole, you could purchace a "CL-series" RIO rack for the LS9.  This is my upgrade path for my DM 2000. 

Advantages:

-It will give us a nice digital snake for the DM 2000 now.
-It will allow me to spread out the upgrade path over time.
-It will be a product we can use with other Yamaha products in the future, both CL-series and others.
-It will allow us to have an older backup-mixer in stock once we upgrade, and this backup will be compatible with our future preamp-racks.
-And it will allow the back-up desk of the future (DM 2000) do be able to do smaller gigs on it's own with an analog snake due to it's built-in preamps (just like the OP will with the LS9).
-It will also allow us to use an existing inventory desk for digital split/gain share-situations in the future.

Quiz:  Why am I assuming the RIO racks will be compatible with the desks Yamaha are to release after the CL 1/3/5?
Out of curiosity, what do a pair of Dante MY cards and a Rio rack cost? 

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »

To control the RIO racks you need a CL series console, so with LS9 of DM1/2000 is not going to work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 25 queries.