ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: holy dueling X32's Batman!  (Read 12022 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: holy dueling X32's Batman!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 07:06:27 pm »

okay, just thought i'd follow up on this thread for anyone who cares.

Got my two desks.  got them all hooked up.  i'm basically running a 48 channel system.  i'm using 32 on one desk as a band submixer and then using 16 more on the second desk for vocal mics, playback, and that sort of thing.  since i've got 16 spare channels, i'm using those as 'cascade inputs' so i can get the bussing to be consistent on the two decks.  i only really needed 5 things cascaded[we run a separate monitor rig], but i've got headroom here if it comes up.

anyway, back to my original post.  i hooked up my 2 desks to my MacBook Pro today.  since my MBP only has one firewire port, i used USB for the 16 channel desk, and FireWire for the 32 channel desk.  Set up an Aggregate Device as was suggested earlier.  Opened Reaper [i also went with that suggestion].  selected the Aggregate device and Bam, i had a 48 track recorder.  That was it.  no rebooting, drivers, configuration.  Nothing.  it just worked.

Frankly, this has been my experience across the board with this desk.  plugged the two consoles straight into our Churches LAN [we had a couple spare Cat5 wall jacks handy].  opened up XControl on my Mac using a windows emulator, and connected to the desk via the buildings WiFi.  set an IP.  Bam.  it just worked.  Cranked up the iPad and XiControl.  Bam.  It just worked.  My volunteer sound guy is an IT guy by trade and he was just amazed at how seamless the whole process was.

The software implementation on this thing is very well done.  I've got a few little nitpicks, but overall i have to admit this is a VERY impressive piece of technology...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

billgreenMF

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 04:51:01 pm »

okay, just thought i'd follow up on this thread for anyone who cares.

. . .That was it.  no rebooting, drivers, configuration.  Nothing.  it just worked.

Frankly, this has been my experience across the board with this desk.  plugged the two consoles straight into our Churches LAN [we had a couple spare Cat5 wall jacks handy].  opened up XControl on my Mac using a windows emulator, and connected to the desk via the buildings WiFi.  set an IP.  Bam.  it just worked.  Cranked up the iPad and XiControl.  Bam.  It just worked.  My volunteer sound guy is an IT guy by trade and he was just amazed at how seamless the whole process was.

The software implementation on this thing is very well done.  I've got a few little nitpicks, but overall i have to admit this is a VERY impressive piece of technology...

Brian:
Thanks for the update! It is great to hear that your x-32's are working out for you.  This has been consistant with the feedback that we are getting from other customers. Also, thank you for choosing Musician's Friend.  For the record we and Guitar Center are NOT one and the same, but we are owned by the same parent company.  Yes we share some resources, but we are seperate entities within a larger company.  Regardless, I am very happy that your x-32's are working out for you!
If you need any help give me a call!
Bill Green
Customer Accounts Manager
Product Expert- Live Sound
888.410.7558 Toll Free
801.545.9342 Direct
bill.green@musiciansfriend.com
M-F 8:00-5:00 Mountain Time

Bill Garvin

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 02:39:44 am »

The one caveat is that I purchased the board from the Des Moines GC and picked it up at the Omaha store.

The Omaha store wouldn't give me any discount when I contacted them, so I went to my local GC and they said they would give me 15% off for their Labor Day sale and have it shipped in 3 days from the KC store so I went with it.

When I got home I got confirmation from GC and said it would be shipping from the Omaha GC. So, I decided to just pick it up in Omaha instead of waiting for them to ship it. It was worth the $40 in gas it took to get it.

After ten years on my Crest XR20 the X32 just blows my mind.

Hi Tim!  Just wondering how the mic pres on the x32 compare to your Crest XR20.  I too have an XR20 and love the mic pres.  I had a Mackie 1604 VLZ before that and couldn't believe how much sweeter the sound was of the XR20.  Granted it is a more expensive mixer, but well worth the extra cost.  So just curious, as I'd hate to replace the XR20 with something not as sweet sounding.  Thanks!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 02:39:44 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 24 queries.