ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which speakers to use?  (Read 3355 times)

Bryan E Wickes

Which speakers to use?
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »

I recently got 8 double 18 sub cabinets unloaded the dimensions are in inches are 28.5 x 19 x 43.5 and two ports 7.25 x 3.5 they are front loaded I'll try to include pictures. I would like to find out any recommendations for speakers. My tops are JBL SRX 725's and right now I'm plan on powering the sub with QSC RMX2450 and QSC RMX1850 which I have two of each. I plan on getting four subs ready over the winter. I believe they were once  loaded with         RCF-L18P300 but I would like to stay all JBL if feasible. Thank You     http://www.soundbroker.com/SPEAKERS/?listingid=62167
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:43:37 PM by Bryan E Wickes »

Paul G. OBrien

Re: Which speakers to use?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:55:13 PM »

I would like to stay all JBL if feasible.

Generally raw JBL drivers are not something you could describe as "feasible" though I suppose it depends how deep your pockets are and how brightly your love for the Orange Badge burns. That said options here include the 2241 which is a very decent driver and one that can be had for somewhat reasonable prices used, but it's easily outclassed by more modern drivers from RCF(L18P300), B&C(18TBX100), and even Eminence(Definimax 4018LF) and you can have brand new components from those manufacturers for about the same or even less than used JBLs. The 2242 is the next step up in the JBL line but again you can have 2-3 drivers from the other guys for the same cost a single new JBL. 

Now as for what drivers would work best here I suggest you download a free copy of WinISD Pro and if they're not already loaded in the software enter the TS specs for the drivers you're interested in and see how they perform in a model with the internal volume and tuning(port dimensions) of your boxes. FYI-- the Pro version of this software calculates port air velocity and driver excursion at power levels among other things and therefore produces a much better picture of overall performance than the non-pro version.
http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:57:44 AM by Paul G. OBrien »

Bryan E Wickes

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »

Thanks for the info but I tried to enter info for a jbl 2241 but the program woul not work.
It may be because my computer is running vista

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »

When entering TS specs there is a preferred sequence(check the Help files) because the software auto calculates some of them as you go.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.