ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Business decision and best ROI  (Read 16822 times)

Jim McKeveny

Re: Business decision and best ROI
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »

IOW: Next Level = +3db in cash.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »

IOW: Next Level = +3db in cash.

> or = to +3dB.

Hmmm.  You got me to thinking (that's dangerous)... in a system context, is cash voltage or power?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

> or = to +3dB.

Hmmm.  You got me to thinking (that's dangerous)... in a system context, is cash voltage or power?

It can be either depending on how you use it.

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »

Aaron -

You just got advice from Tim that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and many years of experience otherwise.  Read and heed.

-doug
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Dave Rickard

• SR Forums
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 12:15:11 AM »

5 or 6 years ago, Father Tim gave me this same sermon on the old LAB.  It was, and continues to be, a guiding principle for my little company. We will remain small and excellent, but we'll remain.  Thanks Tim, you've saved me a lot of stress!

ROI. ROI. ROI.
The wrong piece of gear at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear.

Nathan Salt

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »

Regarding consoles if you are looking at the 48ch size and an SC48 price point, seriously consider the Midas Pro2. The Midas pro range has several key benefits being all the consoles sound the same, link together nicely and show files are completely interchangeable.
Nathan Salt

Othmane Alaoui

• Produkson - Sound & Lights
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »

5 or 6 years ago, Father Tim gave me this same sermon on the old LAB.  It was, and continues to be, a guiding principle for my little company. We will remain small and excellent, but we'll remain.  Thanks Tim, you've saved me a lot of stress!

ROI. ROI. ROI.

Same for me, I remain small but efficient with good gear and especially under the major league radar. this allow me to have fun and make some $$ !

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

I love the phrase "... to the next level." 
Great reply Tim... more so to the business side of the business than the gear side of the business.

I'd like to add:  There are some loose rules of thumb I've noticed seem to have commonality in success business'... concerning capital improvements, being:

Generally a capital improvement pencils out if that capital improvement will "pay for it'self" in 100 days of use by either increasing net or decreasing expenses same-same (or a combination of the two) as to off-set the capital purchase.

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »

Aaron -

You just got advice from Tim that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and many years of experience otherwise.  Read and heed.

-doug

I'm not in the same situation as the OP but I'm still in awe of what Tim Wrote. That is like an epiphany wrapped in a condensed, compact package. I may never have the same question but I do have the answer. Very well done Tim M.
Ryan Davis

Aaron R. Lee

• Big Noise Productions LLC
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »

I'm not in the same situation as the OP but I'm still in awe of what Tim Wrote. That is like an epiphany wrapped in a condensed, compact package. I may never have the same question but I do have the answer. Very well done Tim M.

That was great advice.  The Dynacord as it sits is pretty powerful it has a lot of throw.  I have looked at the Cobra 4 as an upgrade in the near future.  Currently flying 3/6 XA per side and supplementing front fills works very well.  "Large Show"  Not the big National Touring acts there is a company down here who handles those well over my head right now.  I'm looking to get the 1 off gigs where regional/ semi national (1 hit wonders) stroll through town play a gig and head on.  Those are a tad bit easier to meet.  I do plan to cross rent for a while on these but at some point I need to make a decision on a purchase to lessen rental rates.  Currently that has looked like a console.  This is definitely not a Hey I'm gonna buy one next week deal it will take me a good time to decided.  I want to make the right decision, I may end up purchasing something completely different. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.