ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: what are those cool headsets they're using at the DNC  (Read 14072 times)

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
Re: what are those cool headsets they're using at the DNC
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »

Not sure why they have two microphones, maybe one for shorter people and the other for talls?

As I understand it, the mic on top is a cardioid(or super) and the bottom is an omni. They can then use both mic for the broadcast depending on the speaker. If you saw Clinton he was moving all around the place, but the audio was extremely consistant, which you cannot get from a cardioid. Hiding them vertically is a great solution for the camera angle.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »

subject says it all.  those headset mics with the ear pieces are cool.  anybody know what those are?

What network?
Which talent?

I checked with NBC and they didn't use anything special.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »

subject says it all.  those headset mics with the ear pieces are cool.  anybody know what those are?

According to NBC Engineering NBC / Brian Williams was running with the Countryman Model # E6XDW5B1LS E6 Directional Earset Microphone. And a standard IFB in ear mold.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »

According to NBC Engineering NBC / Brian Williams was running with the Countryman Model # E6XDW5B1LS E6 Directional Earset Microphone. And a standard IFB in ear mold.

Should have been more specific. CNN is the network I was watching. Still haven't figured out what it was. Looked like a two ear IEM earpieces with some sort of two ear boom mic with the bar wrapping around the back of the head. Everyone used them including guest commentators although the standard on air talent systems looked cleaner as if they had customized them. It did look a but like maybe a dpa headset coupled with some future sonics ears. 
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »

Should have been more specific. CNN is the network I was watching. Still haven't figured out what it was. Looked like a two ear IEM earpieces with some sort of two ear boom mic with the bar wrapping around the back of the head. Everyone used them including guest commentators although the standard on air talent systems looked cleaner as if they had customized them. It did look a but like maybe a dpa headset coupled with some future sonics ears.

are you refering to the ones worn by anderson cooper? i am vaguely remembering at that time he had three guests with the same set up (you can obviosly here a lot of background noise but the audio was spot on clean and accurate from the primary sources). 

if you find out let me know: i need to pick up a few of those.

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:28 AM »

Looks like those are Schoeps microphones in their extension arm.  I did a DNC streaming party here in Charlotte on Tuesday and had the stream up on a 9x12 screen with external audio.  The podium mic sounded fantastic, even on the lowest quality stream from YouTube.

Not sure why they have two microphones, maybe one for shorter people and the other for talls?  Either that or some kind of strangely positioned MidSide pair?
One may be a cardiod and the other a wide cardiod ( or even omni ) for when there is a group of folks talking. Oops this point has already been made.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:14:02 AM by John Sulek »

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »

are you refering to the ones worn by anderson cooper? i am vaguely remembering at that time he had three guests with the same set up (you can obviosly here a lot of background noise but the audio was spot on clean and accurate from the primary sources). 

if you find out let me know: i need to pick up a few of those.

i am.  and yeah, i'm still in the dark as to what those are...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.