ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: RESULTS: Digital Mixer Shootout and VUE Audiotechnik Demo  (Read 51160 times)

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
Re: RESULTS: Digital Mixer Shootout and VUE Audiotechnik Demo
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 05:35:33 pm »

I'm allmost afraid to ask my second question, but here it goes:
Would you say the VUE speakers are right up there with comparable offerings from Meyer and D&B?
 I rate the d&b Q10 the best speaker I've ever heard in the combined terms of clarity and stereo definition (ability to hear a sound from an exact spot in the stereo field), and am curious if I now have to listen to these speakers to find a new favourite.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »

L-R

Geri O'Neil, Doug Fowler, James Griffin, Nat Duncan
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

duane massey

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »

Thank you, thank, you, thank you, everyone involved in this. I would rather have real-world opinions from people who actually live in the audio world than any other single criteria on a piece of gear. The chances of me ever getting to do a comparison of this nature is pretty much zero, so whatever results you post here are invaluable to someone like me.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

duane massey

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 05:52:51 pm »

Nice pic, but where's the guy with long hair? You've gotta have one guy with long hair, right?
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 05:59:52 pm »

I'm allmost afraid to ask my second question, but here it goes:
Would you say the VUE speakers are right up there with comparable offerings from Meyer and D&B?
 I rate the d&b Q10 the best speaker I've ever heard in the combined terms of clarity and stereo definition (ability to hear a sound from an exact spot in the stereo field), and am curious if I now have to listen to these speakers to find a new favourite.

LOL, Per, I'm all bark and no bite... ;D
I agree, the D&B Q series are a greaaat speaker.
The VUE is worth your consideration because they do sound great, no doubt. The passive speakers sound amazing with no external wizardry or processing. The wizardry is in the passive crossovers. We listened with no EQ or processing anywhere in the chain. And the active powered speakers are equally amazing as well.

On top of all of this, the pricing is going to surprise everyone. Quite the deal.

Hope this helps,
Geri O

James A. Griffin

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »

A view of the VUE.

I discovered too late in the day that the color balance on my camera was improperly set.  I've tried to tweak the color a bit, but it ain't quite right.  My apologies.

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

John Chiara

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

L-R

Geri O'Neil, Doug Fowler, James Griffin, Nat Duncan
Wow, a bunch of old guys... Cool!

James A. Griffin

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »

I don't want to keep boring you with pics, but I did want you to meet our new friends from Behringer.

L-R:    John DiNicola, Geri O, Doug Fowler, James Griffin, Joe Sanborn.   

(photographer accidentally cut Nat out of the shot)

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 06:38:39 pm »

LOL, Per, I'm all bark and no bite... ;D
I agree, the D&B Q series are a greaaat speaker.
The VUE is worth your consideration because they do sound great, no doubt. The passive speakers sound amazing with no external wizardry or processing. The wizardry is in the passive crossovers. We listened with no EQ or processing anywhere in the chain. And the active powered speakers are equally amazing as well.

On top of all of this, the pricing is going to surprise everyone. Quite the deal.

Hope this helps,
Geri O
Yeah, but when a dog barks, it is always a good idea to put hand forward palm down to let the dog see you're friendly and let it have a sniff  ;)

I definitely like the idea of being able to buy a great set of speakers without having to get dedicated and expensive amps and controllers.
One thing I noticed on the VUE webpage was that max spl ratings are quite low. How were they in actual outdoor use?

I don't want to keep boring you with pics, but I did want you to meet our new friends from Behringer.

L-R:    John DiNicola, Geri O, Doug Fowler, James Griffin, Joe Sanborn.   
Getting closer with the hair length  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:43:49 pm by Per Sovik »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 07:31:36 pm »

Glad to see Abdul EQ was there in spirit. Sorry I didn't make it over. Saturday, I was up on my roof patching a leak.

It looks like you managed OK. :-)  Congrats to all who participated and to the gear for holding in all it's magic smoke. 

JR

PS: I hear we might get some real rain next week... :-(  My roof is ready, bring it on. :-)

Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 07:31:36 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 25 queries.