ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Systune VS Smaart  (Read 7008 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Systune VS Smaart
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »

After reading this excellent piece by Doug Fowler

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/an_in-depth_look_at_the_new_systune_v1.2_dual-channel_fft_analyzer1/

and looking at the Delay Analysis in Systune, I find it tempting to switch from Smaart7.

Anybody else made that jump and can comment on pros/cons?

Langston Holland

Re: Systune VS Smaart
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:15:29 AM »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:18:16 AM by Langston Holland »
God bless you and your precious family - Langston

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »

After reading this excellent piece by Doug Fowler

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/an_in-depth_look_at_the_new_systune_v1.2_dual-channel_fft_analyzer1/

and looking at the Delay Analysis in Systune, I find it tempting to switch from Smaart7.

Anybody else made that jump and can comment on pros/cons?

I'm still trying to figure out why Arthur S. is upset in his response to your post over as SFN...   http://soundforums.net/varsity/5137-excellent-dept-look-systune.html

He takes Fowler to task for the article's bio that omits Fowler's status as a SysTune instructor... and FWIW, Doug has taught Smaart, too, but not directly for EAW or Rational.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06:54 AM »

I'm still trying to figure out why Arthur S. is upset in his response to your post over as SFN...   http://soundforums.net/varsity/5137-excellent-dept-look-systune.html

He takes Fowler to task for the article's bio that omits Fowler's status as a SysTune instructor... and FWIW, Doug has taught Smaart, too, but not directly for EAW or Rational.
Tim, I'm certainly not upset whatsoever, nor did I intend it to be that way.  It's the internet, and often what's typed can take on multiple meanings.  I'm simply stating that this in depth review is not without bias, and unfortunately it was published without stating the associations between reviewer and product, and while many here know that association, some may not.  That's all.  Maybe I should take it up with the publisher?  Oh wait, they own this forum as well. Other than that, it's a cool piece of software, has some neat features, gets the job done, and I presented a counterpoint to what was presented.  Nothing more.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »

Tim, I'm certainly not upset whatsoever, nor did I intend it to be that way.  It's the internet, and often what's typed can take on multiple meanings.  I'm simply stating that this in depth review is not without bias, and unfortunately it was published without stating the associations between reviewer and product, and while many here know that association, some may not.  That's all.  Maybe I should take it up with the publisher?  Oh wait, they own this forum as well. Other than that, it's a cool piece of software, has some neat features, gets the job done, and I presented a counterpoint to what was presented.  Nothing more.

Where is the bias?

Was something printed which is untrue?

Yes, I have taught SysTune classes. I used to teach Smaart classes, both for EAW and independently.

What does this have to do with a feature overview of a software release?

I'm quite certain I never mentioned Smaart in the article. Why the bee in the bonnet?  I don't work for AFMG, nor for Renkus-Heinz.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »

Where is the bias?

Was something printed which is untrue?

Yes, I have taught SysTune classes. I used to teach Smaart classes, both for EAW and independently.

What does this have to do with a feature overview of a software release?

I'm quite certain I never mentioned Smaart in the article. Why the bee in the bonnet?  I don't work for AFMG, nor for Renkus-Heinz.
No bee in the bonnet Doug, whatsoever.  Did I say anything in the article was untrue?  Point it out.  Fact is we all have our biases and preferences.  This was in response to the OP's question in that thread.  Nothing more than that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:15:53 AM by Arthur Skudra »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.