ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico/Digico SD9 Questions  (Read 6678 times)

Esteban Orozco

Digico/Digico SD9 Questions
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

Hello first post here, couple of question

-Its there a site or maybe a “bank” of presets for digico users? (if not, anyone up for trading?

-Even thou I upgraded to the latest SD9 software I cant find De esser or Side chain funtion on groups, any Ideas?

-Has anyone try to split BNC madi with a regular passive T?

Christian Güssmer

• www.guessmer.de
Re: Digico/Digico SD9 Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »

-Even thou I upgraded to the latest SD9 software I cant find De esser or Side chain funtion on groups, any Ideas?

The De-Esser is "hidden" in any EQ, by changing any of the 4 Bands into a "dynamic EQ", what acts a little like the BSS901. Pressing the Button with the "d"-Shape opens another window to adjust the "dynamic" parameters for the filter band itself. Take some time and a good test signal to try it out, it's powerful...

Another quick solution could be to use the multiband compressor and take Hi or Mid Band to selectively compress a frequency range.

Both functions can be activated on any channel (in, group or out) but are limited to some (4 or 8?) channels in total.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »

-Its there a site or maybe a “bank” of presets for digico users? (if not, anyone up for trading?

Splitting Madi passive is a no-go. Use this: http://www.directout.eu/en/products/split.converter.html or a wideband video splitter like Extron IN3254

Esteban Orozco

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »

The De-Esser is "hidden" in any EQ, by changing any of the 4 Bands into a "dynamic EQ", what acts a little like the BSS901. Pressing the Button with the "d"-Shape opens another window to adjust the "dynamic" parameters for the filter band itself. Take some time and a good test signal to try it out, it's powerful...

Another quick solution could be to use the multiband compressor and take Hi or Mid Band to selectively compress a frequency range.

Both functions can be activated on any channel (in, group or out) but are limited to some (4 or 8?) channels in total.

Thanks!! will try

and Jens I cant find price for it... any proven alternative?

Phill Chapman

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:39:12 AM »

RME MADIBridge would be an alternative, but it is more expensive (it does more)
Phill Chapman
Delta Live

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 06:56:00 AM »

Thanks!! will try

and Jens I cant find price for it... any proven alternative?
Ask the US distributor http://jfstv.com/products/transport-products/madi-solutions/

Esteban Orozco

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »

Proper De-essers are arriving (or have arrived) in the latest software (v532 for the SD8).  I don't know if it's dropped for the SD9 yet.  With the new software your first dynamics processor can do comp, multiband comp, or de-ess.  The second dynamics processor can do gate, duck, or comp.

Check with your distributor for access to the latest software.

~Erik

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 01:17:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.