ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Stagemix Scene Range Bug  (Read 2611 times)

Steve Carpenter

Yamaha Stagemix Scene Range Bug
« on: August 19, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »

We have started to use Stagemix iPad software to control a recording mix separate from the M7CL-48 desk.  When we change scenes during worship for music or preaching, there is a long delay (5+ seconds) waiting for the iPad to change.  We think the delay is because the iPad is re syncing all the scenes.

But there is a section on the Stagemix iPad that allows it to narrow the search to a smaller range of scenes.

The problem:  we try to narrow the range from 2 to 30 instead of 300 but after we enter the new numbers it won't "take" the numbers or activate the button.  We tried entering 002, 2, 02 but nothing works.  We have version 3.0 of Stagemix so that is current.  It sure looks like a bug but how can it exist after so many releases?

Anyone run into this?

Geri O'Neil

Re: Yamaha Stagemix Scene Range Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:37:25 am »

We have started to use Stagemix iPad software to control a recording mix separate from the M7CL-48 desk.  When we change scenes during worship for music or preaching, there is a long delay (5+ seconds) waiting for the iPad to change.  We think the delay is because the iPad is re syncing all the scenes.

But there is a section on the Stagemix iPad that allows it to narrow the search to a smaller range of scenes.

The problem:  we try to narrow the range from 2 to 30 instead of 300 but after we enter the new numbers it won't "take" the numbers or activate the button.  We tried entering 002, 2, 02 but nothing works.  We have version 3.0 of Stagemix so that is current.  It sure looks like a bug but how can it exist after so many releases?

Anyone run into this?

Steve, I'm breaking out consoles for cleaning today and tomorrow, our M7 among them. I'll try to replicate this issue and get back to you. But it appears to me that the iPad syncs only the scene currently being used. I don't think Stagemix stores scenes on the iPad. It just takes a few seconds.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I'll know more tomorrow.

Geri O

Geri O

Steve Carpenter

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:04:41 pm »

So no one ever got back to me on this but we have learned something after finally talking with Yamaha.  YES there is a bug in Stagemix regarding scene range.  The button on the screen is not active so after you change the numbers of the scenes, right now the only way to enter them is to use the "keyboard" on the iPad and press the RETURN button on screen to get the new range to be accepted.  Also, the long delay where the Stagemix is offline happens when you change scenes on the Yamaha M7CL desk regardless of what the Stagemix scene range is set to.  Apparently Yamaha knows this but we have no sense as to when/if that will be addressed.

Thought I would share this in case anyone else wants the answer. 

Andrew Makinson

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »

Apparently Yamaha knows this but we have no sense as to when/if that will be addressed.

Funny that your mentioned this today.  There was a new version of stage mix for M7 and CL released today.  I'll be checking tomorrow to see if the stability issues I was having with the CL5s is resolved.  Your issue was specifically mentioned under "what's new".
--Andrew
--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.