ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DIGITAL MIXER SHOOTOUT LS9 / SL 24.4.2 / X32 & VUE Audiotechnik Speaker Demo  (Read 38127 times)

Scott Shaw

I'm planning on coming. As a Presonus 16.4.2 user, It'll be an interesting comparison.

James A. Griffin

Would it be worth trying to get an A&H GLD80 in for comparison with the other mixers?  (just a suggestion :) )

There are certainly other mixers worthy of comparison, but I felt like 3 at a time is enough to think about.   These 3 in particular because my sense is that the X32 is designed to compete head to head against the other two.     It has many features of the LS9 at a much lower price.    It has more features than the SL 24.4.2 at a lower price.

Obviously I'm not privy to Uri's mind, but that's how I read the situation.

And I'd not be surprised if Presonus believes build quality and sound quality of theirs might exceed that of the X32.   Let's see how it all plays out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:57:36 AM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

James A. Griffin

I'm also too far to attend... but we will also see some opinions from Geri O on the workflow of each console?

Geri has never been shy about expressing his opinions before  ;-)

Everyone who is there is encouraged to comment via this thread (and elsewhere) about their experience at the shootout.   For some that will be commenting only on the listening portion.   

I do hope there will be opportunity for most attendees to at least spend a few minutes scrolling through each mixer and viewing some of the basic functions, but that will depend on schedule.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC

Wow.  Sounds like something to catch via webcast/youtube.  Love to see the boards in action, along with comments as they're being tested and used for the concert.  Obviously, sound would not be able to be captured adequately - rather not able to be passed along via youtube - but the commentary would be priceless.

Well done, folks, for setting this up along with getting the reps to be there.  I look forward to the discussions that follow.   

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA

Because of scheduling conflicts, my band gets to play 6-8 times a year. Our next gig...August 25th. otherwise I'd be heading to Miss..

Frederik Rosenkjær

I can't wait to hear about the difference in sound quality among the different boards.  I'm betting it's not much.

I think that will depend a lot on whether or not the listerners will know what console they're listening. I think I'll pay more attention the findings of this test if Geri mixing behind a drape or something.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

James A. Griffin

I think that will depend a lot on whether or not the listerners will know what console they're listening. I think I'll pay more attention the findings of this test if Geri mixing behind a drape or something.

Before the band plays, we'll have a listening of high resolution audio discs    One person will be switching the audio among the 3 mixers.   Only that person will know which is on at the time
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:26:06 AM by James A. Griffin »

Geri O'Neil

Won't be the first time people have wanted to hide me from sight... ;D

Geri O

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA

Won't be the first time people have wanted to hide me from sight... ;D

Geri O

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Douglas R. Allen

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

:) Nice!

Will the boards be "Pushed" to see if they sound the same in the heat of battle? Maybe have the gains of the DSP/speaker  processors or amps down so the boards can be run up hard to see how the 3 behave/sound when stressed?

They all may sound somewhat alike with alot of headroom in the outputs.

I look forward to the results.

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DIGITAL MIXER SHOOTOUT LS9 / SL 24.4.2 / X32 & VUE Audiotechnik Speaker Demo
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.