ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: URGENT!!! SI Compact No Inputs  (Read 15697 times)

Anthony Forchielli

Re: URGENT!!! SI Compact No Inputs
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:34 am »

The first thing you should do is put the soundcrap in the dumpster and go out and buy a good digital mixer.  Those si compact desks are the worst sounding and functioning digital mixer I have ever put my hands on.

so you've never touched an LS9?

Brian Wynn

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 01:20:31 am »

so you've never touched an LS9?

I own 2 of them.  They are not my favorite but much much better than the si compact.  It's cool that we have so many options these days.  I read in this thread that someone didn't like Crown amplifiers I found that funny because it's the only amplifier I would buy.  Looking at the big picture the si compact isn't the worst digital mixer I have ever touched I forgot about the PreSonus studio live.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 08:29:33 am »

I read in this thread that someone didn't like Crown amplifiers I found that funny because it's the only amplifier I would buy.
I said that.  I also said it was irrational. ;)
I have had riders come across my desk that say "NO..." to every major brand of pro audio gear ever made.  The memories of bad work experiences while under pressure fade slowly.  Everything breaks somewhere, sometime.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

paul bell

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 08:42:00 am »

There's more to my dislike of Soundcraft than they're poor reliability. As part of Harmon, I'd shy away from it-as I do Crown and JBL. Harmon is yet another US company that abandoned the American worker for the greed of the corporation. If they say they need to produce in China or Mexico because it's cheaper, why are their products more expensive then ever? How many people in California had the choice of moving with the company to Mexico or losing their jobs?

Rant over-for now.

Anthony Forchielli

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 10:42:33 am »

There's more to my dislike of Soundcraft than they're poor reliability. As part of Harmon, I'd shy away from it-as I do Crown and JBL. Harmon is yet another US company that abandoned the American worker for the greed of the corporation. If they say they need to produce in China or Mexico because it's cheaper, why are their products more expensive then ever? How many people in California had the choice of moving with the company to Mexico or losing their jobs?

Rant over-for now.

I'm a Midas and Soundcraft guy, and i hear you on that.  The fact that they're both now being made in China irritates me. 

I do love my Vi1 though.  It's a dream to mix on.  All the onboard dynamics are top notch and the layout is pretty easily picked up for new comers.  No problems with mine so far. 

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 10:52:41 am »

Rant over-for now.

So everything produced by JBL and Harmon is produced in Mexico or China??  Is that the logic behind the statement?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

So everything produced by JBL and Harmon is produced in Mexico or China??  Is that the logic behind the statement?

Professional transducers are still assembled (and magnetized); final assembly of VerTec and Venue Precision models done in Van Nuys.  VerTec composite cabinets are made in Escondido CA; all North American production woodwork is done in Mexico.  All custom shop work is done in Van Nuys.

edit: clarification
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:07:17 pm by Tim McCulloch »
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 01:26:52 pm »

I knew that Tim, thank you. I was being facetious as I view the statement without merit.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 02:07:43 pm »

I knew that Tim, thank you. I was being facetious as I view the statement without merit.

It's okay, Bob.  I've got your back.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

paul bell

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »

Sorry friends, I didn't intend to ruffle any feathers around here.

I say what I say because of conversations that often start with "you didn't hear this from me" or so from people who were directly involved with the company and what I've seen in the parts & repair end. Far be it of me to post hearsay or rumor.

I personally believe that much more of JBL is produced in Asia than is let on.

My apologies to the OP for contributing to steering this thread off course.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 24 queries.