ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: URGENT!!! SI Compact No Inputs  (Read 20775 times)

Thomas Bishop

URGENT!!! SI Compact No Inputs
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:53:24 PM »

I'm on a gig right now.  SI 32 shows no inputs and passes no signal through to the channels.  I see no meters and nothing outputs.  Any ideas?  It's been sitting for 8 days, working every day except right before this show.  I've tried the obvious.  Soft patch, hard reset, updated firmware.....  HELP!!  On a MixWiz!

Ryan McLeod

Re: URGENT!!! SI Compact No Inputs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:59:18 AM »

Idea: are there any cards installed (eg MADI I/O) that could have all I/O Expectded to not connect locally? It's the only reason I would expect no meters on any inputs....

(and as someone who owns 6 units and had no issues, inquiring minds want to know what your issue turns out to be......)

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »

Good idea, but that was the first thing I did. It was tough doing a hard reset after 8 days of 28 channel tweaking, but it sucked even more when it didn't fix the issue. I even opened it up to see if a ribbon cable came loose (while it was stationary for a week, yeah right), but everything seemed firmly connected.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »

No experience with the SI outside of poking them at a Harmon demo but...  Its not clear to me if the offline editor will work online in the way that the Yamaha editors will but if it does will the console respond to that?

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »

I did think of that but at this point we're just making the MixWiz work for these last two shows today. The console is cased and back in the truck with a call going to Soundcraft tomorrow. A friend works for a distributor and said he seemed to remember a recall because of power supply issues. Hopefully that's all this is, I can get the new PSU and all will be well...

Gianfranco Favero

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »

I did think of that but at this point we're just making the MixWiz work for these last two shows today. The console is cased and back in the truck with a call going to Soundcraft tomorrow. A friend works for a distributor and said he seemed to remember a recall because of power supply issues. Hopefully that's all this is, I can get the new PSU and all will be well...

Happened the same to one of our compacts just two days out of the box. Sent it back and they fixed it.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 04:41:05 PM »

Besides a software reset and a rudimentary hardware check, don't think there is much you can do. I'd call up your nearest rental house with an LS9...

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »

Haha. We would have had an LS9 here but it got a dry hire for a couple days so we brought the SI. It's a MUCH better console, IMO...... when it works

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »

I do think the SiC sounds much better, I just said LS9 because it's what I'd expect a rental house to have. get er' done.

An LS9 can go belly up too, for sure.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:15:43 PM by Samuel Rees »

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »

Why do console makers have so much trouble with power supplies?  You'd think after over four decades of experience, they'd have this crap sorted out.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 24 queries.