ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Effect  (Read 6491 times)

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
Water Effect
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »

Hello,

Any LED lights that can do this effect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpQ0rIGzkP0

Need to run 15-18 hours per day so an actual projector is out.

Regards,  John

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
Water Effect
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:32:58 AM »

Chauvet Abyss 3.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

DanGlass

Re: Water Effect
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:04:27 AM »

Quite a few companies offer an LED version of this effect, infact if you look to the right while watching the video you will see a list of videos from various manufacturers offering the LED version.  For the most part they are identical but a few have some small additional features.  Watch each video and see what they have to offer for your particular application taking into account beam angle, color choices, speed.  Some companies offer a Pro version with a brighter LED so make sure you take that into account as well.  Good Luck.

John Livings

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 03:31:17 PM »

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I had already watched the videos from several mfgs. and sadly the effect that we like is projector driven.

Again Thanks.

Regards,  John

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »

sadly the effect that we like is projector driven.

Then possibly depending on the size / brightness needed, try one of the casio projectors with an led / laser light source that will last much longer than any normal projector bulb....
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I had already watched the videos from several mfgs. and sadly the effect that we like is projector driven.

Again Thanks.

Regards,  John

Hello,

Any LED lights that can do this effect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpQ0rIGzkP0

Need to run 15-18 hours per day so an actual projector is out.

Regards,  John

I actually owned a couple of the older halogen-driven American DJ H20 lights, and they look exactly like the lights in this video (from your original post).  Actually in this video it looks like there are two of them running side by side, with one oriented 180° (upside-down) from the other, and with the colors  between the two units manually synchronized by the user.  But judging from the way the color and white light are blending and the pattern produced, I am absolutely certain it is at least the older halogen type (American DJ H20) , if not perhaps the newer LED one (American DJ H20 LED).

I am just not sure yet about the newer one, as I haven't seen it for myself yet.  Ideally they just would have replaced the light source and left the rest of the optics alone.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:14:31 PM by Chris Davis »

John Livings

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the heads up on the ADJ lights.

When I get a chance I will check the LEDs out.

I have done that same effect using Digital Juice, Juice Drops, Just kept looping it (10 seconds).

Nice to know a simple light may do it.

Regards,  John

Sam Feine

• Personal Website
Water Effect
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:36 AM »

Yep, that looks exactly like the adj led light that I have, its really a one trick pony but it works just like the video (where they probably have two of the dmx fixtures for syncing)
Electro-Acoustic Engineer at Community Professional Loudspeakers

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

Yep, that looks exactly like the adj led light that I have, its really a one trick pony but it works just like the video (where they probably have two of the dmx fixtures for syncing)

Has anyone had a chance to compare the older halogen model to the newer LED model?  The LED model is smaller and lighter so I have been thinking about upgrading to the LED version myself.

Also I wanted to say that after looking around on Youtube a bit, it seems this light is very difficult to capture on a low resolution video.  Somehow the video that John linked to in his original post managed to capture the essence of it though.

I found the manufacturer video on Youtube to be lacking. It seems they do all their Youtube videos exactly the same way.  They show the light too close to a perpendicular angle, focusing more on the light rays under a fogger.  In my opinion this hides much of the detail and it becomes hard to distinguish it from any other cheap disco light.  So when John came across a video that actually did do it some justice, it was impossible to pinpoint which light it was.  ;D

The only other projector I have seen that can do a good water effect like this is the Rosco X-Effects Projector (with appropriate gobos).  It is bigger, badder, and of course way out of my league. :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.