ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HK Audio Linear 5  (Read 14099 times)

PaulMichaels

HK Audio Linear 5
« on: August 09, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »

I have just purchased my HK Audio Linear 5 system and will shortly post some details on how they actually sound and perform on the road.

If you have any questions, please fire away!

Rory Buszka

• Gearmonger
Re: HK Audio Linear 5
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »

I have just purchased my HK Audio Linear 5 system and will shortly post some details on how they actually sound and perform on the road.

Post some photos! Cosmetically, it looks like a QSC KW and Ksub but with the HK-style grille with the center rib.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:01:47 PM by Rory Buszka »
Friends don't let friends mix a band from the stage.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Paul Clark

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 06:45:03 AM »

Hi Paul, I am also interested in getting the HK Linear 5 setup. What speakers did you get in the linear 5 range?

I went to a dealer to listen to the HK system as well as some RCF speakers. I was really impresses by the HK Linear 5 115 FA mid/hi units but found the Sub 2000 A didn't really go into the lower frequecny ranges. I was impressed by the RCF 718 A subwoofers - they go down to about 40Hz and are less powerful than the HK Sub 2000 A. I do find the RCF bandpass design with a single 18 really gives a much bigger kick compared to the HK Sub 2000 A bandpass design with dual 12's.

What is your opinion of the HK speakers in the lower frequency ranges?

At the moment my subwoofers start at 35Hz which is lower than both the HK and RCF which I really like but they are not nearly as loud as either of the speakers I am considering. If you have any other recommendation or input I would appreciate it. I am not looking for a massive rig just one to cater for parties up to about 400 people.

At the moment I am leaning towards the HK L5 115 FA mid/hi with the RCF 718 sub. I still need to listen to how the combination of these speakers sound but I think it should be quite good.

john pall

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:54:22 AM »

Hi Paul, I am also interested in getting the HK Linear 5 setup. What speakers did you get in the linear 5 range?

I went to a dealer to listen to the HK system as well as some RCF speakers. I was really impresses by the HK Linear 5 115 FA mid/hi units but found the Sub 2000 A didn't really go into the lower frequecny ranges. I was impressed by the RCF 718 A subwoofers - they go down to about 40Hz and are less powerful than the HK Sub 2000 A. I do find the RCF bandpass design with a single 18 really gives a much bigger kick compared to the HK Sub 2000 A bandpass design with dual 12's.

What is your opinion of the HK speakers in the lower frequency ranges?

At the moment my subwoofers start at 35Hz which is lower than both the HK and RCF which I really like but they are not nearly as loud as either of the speakers I am considering. If you have any other recommendation or input I would appreciate it. I am not looking for a massive rig just one to cater for parties up to about 400 people.

At the moment I am leaning towards the HK L5 115 FA mid/hi with the RCF 718 sub. I still need to listen to how the combination of these speakers sound but I think it should be quite good.

Wow the 115FA is a monster weight wise how do you get it up on a stand? i'm about to consider the 112FA
but still want to try out the latest Yorkville, DB, RCF, PRESONUS ETC.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber