ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Door frames to support cables  (Read 3280 times)

Cormac Connaughton

Door frames to support cables
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:06:13 AM »

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a company or website that create frames which can go in front of doors so cables can be run up and over them? The venue where I work is very anal about putting cable ramps down in doorways. I've used pipe and drape poles to wrap the cables around, as well as lighting trussing, but these can look pretty ugly. Has anyone encountered similar problems and found easy solutions?

Jordan Wolf

Re: Door frames to support cables
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a company or website that create frames which can go in front of doors so cables can be run up and over them? The venue where I work is very anal about putting cable ramps down in doorways. I've used pipe and drape poles to wrap the cables around, as well as lighting trussing, but these can look pretty ugly. Has anyone encountered similar problems and found easy solutions?
#1 - Make sure you use your real name, otherwise this thread won't be unlocked for much longer.

#2 - You could certainly fabricate a simple frame to go in front of doorways, etc., but my main concern would be: how are you going to secure it?  You sure aren't going to drill/screw anything into it, and sandbags on legs, etc. is probably just as bad, if not worse, than having a cable ramp.

Many hotels have trim/moulding that has a gap between it and the wall surface.  I use this to run skinnier lengths of cable in, and carefully remove it when the show is done.

I can't think of any elegant/pretty solution, but if "pretty" isn't an issue, then the choice is between you and the venue owner.  You might want to talk to them about something putting permanent in place if they have a lot of similar events.  A patch panel with a couple of AC circuits would be very nice, and would generate a great (and quick) ROI for future events.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Door frames to support cables
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.