ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up backstage program sound feed - suggestions?  (Read 17946 times)

Sam Zuckerman

• Baltimore, MD
Re: Setting up backstage program sound feed - suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

Hi Tim,

The mics are required to provide a show mix for the models backstage. The models will be able to hear their part in the show.
Same as in theatres where the show audio feed is sent to the backstage areas, dressing rooms, etc. so that the actors will know what of the show is happening and also listen for their specific cues.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers!
Ron
I think I know where you are coming from, but like Tim said, all of that should be present in the inputs. The only time I have done what you are describing was in my colleges' (now old) theatre. It was a small space with 178 seats so no micing of actors was needed. We hung a single mic in the grid and ran it to the dressing rooms through the Clear-Com system. But this is a fashion show, so the only person speaking will be the emcee and he will have a mic in his hand. Everything you need to run a monitor is present in the board. Don't make your job harder than it needs to be.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »

I think I know where you are coming from, but like Tim said, all of that should be present in the inputs. The only time I have done what you are describing was in my colleges' (now old) theatre. It was a small space with 178 seats so no micing of actors was needed. We hung a single mic in the grid and ran it to the dressing rooms through the Clear-Com system. But this is a fashion show, so the only person speaking will be the emcee and he will have a mic in his hand. Everything you need to run a monitor is present in the board. Don't make your job harder than it needs to be.

Placebo.

Set up the mics the show designer wants, do what you have to do to get a good mix (almost certainly the house mix) back to the dressing rooms and everybody will be happy.  SD will be happy to see them, but you don't have to turn them on.........
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ron Behro

• Adventures Of Sound Tech Guy
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »

Hey Sam, thanks for the help. Everything is good!

Cheers!
Ron

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.