ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amp to Match Speakers  (Read 2476 times)

Ryan Gordon

Amp to Match Speakers
« on: August 25, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a what should be simple question.

.I want to purchase 4 speakers for my restaurant to be mounted in the ceiling. I looked around and I'm going to go with (4) JBL SP8CII speakers - they have a peak power handling of 100 watts according to their specs (8 ohms).

I cannot seem to find an amplifier to match this configuration. I was going to go with a Pyle Pro PT3300 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/571590-REG/Pyle_Pro_PT3300_PT3300_3000W.html which has a power rating at 8ohms of 300 watts per channel. Is that complete overkill for my speakers?

My problem is I'm trying to find an Amp that has 4 speaker connections on it (4 channels) and I'm having trouble doing this!   I was told that I could do something and run my speakers in "bridged mono mode" and then daisy chain from my amp to one speaker and from that speaker to another speaker (allowing me to use a 2 channel amplifer). I have already run wiring to my speakers and it is all home runs to my office where the amp will be.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help! thanks so much!!!
Ryan

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
Re: Amp to Match Speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »

This is consumer equipment but what the heck.

Amp is fine. Wire two speakers in parallel on each of the outputs. Do your mono summing (L+R) before the amp inputs unless the amp has that provision which I don't think.

-Hal
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:16:45 PM by Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Amp to Match Speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.